Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2009, 09:53 AM

Default My AIR Plugins are not showing up!

Hi,

I recently upgraded to PT 8, I downloaded and installed the software and my AIR plugins are missing.
Any info about this?

Cheers,
Pupo
Old 05-01-2009, 03:28 PM

Default Re: My AIR Plugins are not showing up!

Here is a quote on another thread from our friend Spkguit

"These are not part of the "extras" but part of the Pro Tools software install itself. They are in the "Pro Tools Creative Collection". When running the Pro Tools install, you need to make sure that "Pro Tools Creative Collection" is checked in the options."

Here is a photo reference for you (click).

If this is your case you simply can run the PT install with 'add options' checked. (Don't reinstall the whole program)
Old 05-01-2009, 03:48 PM

It may not be Pupo's fault. Last week, I upgraded to MPT2. I downloaded the 3 gig installer and ran it. The installer failed to overwrite Structure free in the plugins folder, and did not install Eleven LE at all. I had to remove Structure free and run the installer again. Even then, it still didn't install Eleven LE so I had to download that installer separately.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 05-01-2009, 06:11 PM

Thumbs up Re: My AIR Plugins are not showing up!

Hi!
Thanks for your fast responses. I will check tomorrow to see how it goes. Since I installed PT 8 I also had problems with my ilok. Hopefully I'll sort things out!

Cheers,
Pupo
Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 PM

It’s very likely not his fault, after CS1 I did a complete reinstall of PT8 from the same unzipped installer that I used for the initial install. It came up short on about half of the included plug-ins. Rather than deal with it any further I just used my clone drive from the original PT installation. This has been a hit and miss installer.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 05-01-2009, 10:10 PM

I just discovered it had deleted TL Space without replacing it with the new version too.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 05-01-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
I just discovered it had deleted TL Space without replacing it with the new version too.

You know when you uninstall previous versions of PT it will ask you if you want to delete EVERYTHING or just the program... keeping plugs, prefs, etc in tact!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Yeah, it's a messy process.

I bought PT 8 in a box, and then had to go online and try figure out 'everything else' I needed, upgrade my MPTK etc.etc. I had to set up a damn spreadsheet in Excel just to track what I had, what was new and what I had to DL upgrades for...

So inspiring.

--------------------------------------------------

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Old 05-21-2009, 04:41 AM

I've had the same problem on two XP machines in a lab of 16 PCs. Nothing would work - uninstalled, re-installed etc.

In the end, I manually created a 'Pro Tools Creative Content' folder inside the C:/Program Files/Digidesign folder, and copied the content folders (for Xpand!2, Boom etc) in to that.

Then I had to copy the actual plug-in files from a folder on another machine (C:/Program Files/Common Files/Digidesign/DAE/Plug-ins). Everything works, but for Xpand!2, Mini Grand and Boom, I had to navigate to the content the first time I used them.

Not the tidiest work-around, and not what you want to hear if you're sitting infront of a single system, but it works!

Still have no idea why it didn't work?