Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2016, 08:44 AM

Default Re: What next?

The one who makes the change first, has track ownership. Please try this out yourself before making #%#&%&/%€&
Old 04-02-2016, 08:56 AM

the thing is . . . the people who seem to be raving about this are all staff members, or "moderators", and probably didn't even pay for it.

the rest of us (who have to pay) see it for what it actually is. marketing hyperbole.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:00 AM

Sheesh... Grab a PT|1st which is free. With same CC features (3 projects, limited storage, can buy more I think...)
Old 04-02-2016, 09:15 AM

Can we all Step back for a moment and have a Cocktail ... this thing has been out for a few days and there is already an argument .. and with a Moderator involved to boot .. please play nice .. this makes me feel sick to my stomach when i see threads go like this .. not constructive at all .. Right !!!

we all knew way ahead of time Avid would charge for this .. let them .. just don't use it if you cannot afford it ..

Avid is the Mercedes Dealer that charges 500.00 for an oil change and they put crappy oil in your car ..

my .02 ... john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 04-02-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
Can we all Step back for a moment and have a Cocktail ... this thing has been out for a few days and there is already an argument .. and with a Moderator involved to boot .. please play nice .. this makes me feel sick to my stomach when i see threads go like this .. not constructive at all .. Right !!!

we all knew way ahead of time Avid would charge for this .. let them .. just don't use it if you cannot afford it ..

Avid is the Mercedes Dealer that charges 500.00 for an oil change and they put crappy oil in your car ..

my .02 ... john
Yes, but why do you want us to keep quiet?

See, I have a HD 11 license. I did not "upgrade" because I did not see anything remotely worth $1k dollars in the first place. Now they try to instill a second subscription, it's ridiculous and I feel that I am a nice customer by telling them again and again that IF they want to win me back as a customer, they need to take a step back and refocus.

Maybe if Hernandez keeps on failing by not addressing his customer's wishes and somebody with a bit of knowledge of the pro audio market is left there to replace him, they will come back to their senses and start doing something of value to the PT community again. I just tell them that I think they've lost touch with their user base BIG TIME.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tention View Post
Yes, but why do you want us to keep quiet?
We don't. We just don't want to keep you LOUD. I find your attitude less than constructive, so that's why I joined this discussion. If it's just me, then please accept my apologies.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Sheesh... Grab a PT|1st which is free. With same CC features (3 projects, limited storage, can buy more I think...)

This is actually a shame, a free version of PT gets the same amount of storage and projects as a HD user?

Surely this is an oversight?

Does it seem reasonable to anyone that the buy in for HD is equal to the buy in for PT free?

Yet they get the same level of access to the cloud?

This means that nobody is thinking reasonably (on the topside) in avid.....and that's not healthy for anyone's investment, HD or otherwise
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
We don't. We just don't want to keep you LOUD. I find your attitude less than constructive, so that's why I joined this discussion. If it's just me, then please accept my apologies.
No need to apologize. I started this thread because I feel that the only constructive way I have as a user to improve the terrible situation ProTools is in is to voice my concerns - loud and clear.

This software needs some serious work to be done and AVID need to start implementing the stuff that pro audio users actually want and have asked for for years now.
Check the idea scale guys, get yourselves a copy of Nuendo and see what you can copy from there. (streamers, tc burn in, multiple marker tracks, reconform...)

Seriously Mr. Hernandez - you are on the WRONG track here. Stop thinking about ways to force users into subscriptions they don't want and start thinking about ways to improve your products. That's all I'm saying.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:59 AM

When you look at the volume of threads for the ProTools 12 forum, it's already almost 2/3 the volume of ProTools 11, and close to half the volume of ProTools 10.

How long ago did ProTools 10 come out?

How long ago did Protools 11 come out?

How long to go to ProTools 12 come out?

12 is been out for a very short period, and considering the fact that it has the volume of threads in it, in such a short period of time, is mind blowing! I'm not sure about all of you, but when I read through the vast majority of threads in ProTools 12, they almost all seem to be overwhelmingly negative!

How can there be that much traffic about ProTools 12, considering the whole concept behind it is, that avid will fix things quicker, and get new features out quicker!

How's that been working for all of us?

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 04-02-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
This is actually a shame, a free version of PT gets the same amount of storage and projects as a HD user? Surely this is an oversight?
I cannot be the voice of Avid, but clearly IN MY OPINION there has been much more thought and effort to get this cloud collaboration out and in public use. I first heard of this in summer of 2014 (yes, 2014) so it has taken considerable time and man-hours to get this thing out. This is a version 1.0 software if you accept the analogy.

I surely hope that project number and cloud storage will eventually have reasonable tiers and (paid) upgrade plans. Because, thinking of myself, 3 projects and 500 MB is not cutting it for paid work. I would need at least 50 projects and 50 GB to feel comfortable. Right now, I'm just testing things and learning, which is fine, but it also says it is not ready for prime time for me.