Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2016, 11:12 AM

Default Re: I'm no lawyer...Cloud/Avid Artist Community Terms of Use

Not to add more confusion here, but if I'm reading this correctly, the rights being granted in the agreement seem to be those that only the copyright owner could grant, much like granting a Creative Commons license, for example. I'm not a lawyer, but I do wonder if anyone other than a copyright owner can legally grant these rights in the first place? If I'm not the copyright owner, and have no separate agreement from the copyright owner granting the right to engage in such contracts, then I don't see how I could legally enter the agreement in the first place.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:55 PM

well 12.5 is released.

it seems like moving this highly important thread regarding material shared via v12.5 to the "Off-Topic" forum is ever so slightly dishonest.

i cannot think of a subject more important to discuss regarding v12.5 than this.

the entire usability of the sharing aspects in v12.5 revolve around the terms of this agreement.

it needs to discussed openly on the v12 discussion forum so that users understand what they're getting themselves into.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by controlfader View Post
it seems like moving this highly important thread regarding material shared via v12.5 to the "Off-Topic" forum is ever so slightly dishonest.
It was moved because this isn't about Pro Tools 12 (or Cloud Collaboration), it's about Artist Community profiles. Lumping these together is I think what's causing confusion.
Quote:
the entire usability of the sharing aspects in v12.5 revolve around the terms of this agreement.
Not true. The License Agreement quoted in the original post is from the Avid Artist Community and relates specifically to material you voluntarily/deliberately put on your public profile for others to listen to (like I did here). It's your choice to publish music on your Artist Profile or not. You wouldn't likely add a commercial song there any more than you would put it on any other social media site.

Cloud Collaboration in Pro Tools 12.5 is different. It allows you to chose specific people to share tracks with - it doesn't publish your material or make it available to the public like adding a song to your Artist Profile does.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
It was moved because this isn't about Pro Tools 12 (or Cloud Collaboration), it's about Artist Community profiles. Lumping these together is I think what's causing confusion.
Not true. The License Agreement quoted in the original post is from the Avid Artist Community and relates specifically to material you voluntarily/deliberately put on your public profile for others to listen to (like I did here). It's your choice to publish music on your Artist Profile or not. You wouldn't likely add a commercial song there any more than you would put it on any other social media site.

Cloud Collaboration in Pro Tools 12.5 is different. It allows you to chose specific people to share tracks with - it doesn't publish your material or make it available to the public like adding a song to your Artist Profile does.
Jeffro
Can you point me to where the terms of service for 12.5 Cloud Collaboration are? Or are there none? Hopefully the latter
Old 03-30-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
Can you point me to where the terms of service for 12.5 Cloud Collaboration are?
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/f...Q#LicenseTerms
Old 04-05-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
FAQs are not Terms and Conditions of Service.

The question was, where in the terms of service does it specifically exclude Cloud Collaboration?
Old 04-05-2016, 07:33 AM

Default Re: I'm no lawyer... Avid Artist Community Terms of Use

They are two completely separate items, the TOS of one does not apply to the other.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 04-05-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Byre View Post
FAQs are not Terms and Conditions of Service.

The question was, where in the terms of service does it specifically exclude Cloud Collaboration?
The question was "Can you point me to where the terms of service for 12.5 Cloud Collaboration are?" and that's exactly what that FAQ does - it states where to find the Terms and what Section to look in. I thought it was better to have everyone looking at the source rather than having to search through community posts for bits and pieces of info.