Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2014, 10:17 AM

Default Upgradding has provided second suite computer and many questions.

I got a better Macpro and upgraded to HDX hardware and 11HD. I had the bundle upgrade that has 10, 10hd, 11 and 11hd, but I discover now that they can't be separated--it's all or nothing. I was hoping to run 10 on the old MacPro in my second suite using the 10 license from my ilok but it can't be moved except as a complete unit.

I got an activation card and ilok with my new setup called "Upgrade from ProToolsHD but with no instructions, I can't really tell what it is for, but I didn't need it for my new setup because I already had the bundle license for PT 11HD.

I wish I could use it to run 10 on my old MacPro for the second suite, but I'm guessing I would have to buy a brand new license for a complete 10 for it.

I've also seen on the internet activation cards for a PT10 you would download, but how would you get a license on your existing ilok if all you get is an activation card. Boy, they sure do make it hard!
Old 06-22-2014, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Upgradding has provided second suite computer and many questions.

The activation card and ilok you received should grant you another 11hd license which if you plugin to the second machine without HD hardware will run as PT 11 native or non HD.
That is if I read your post correctly that you already had the HD license before purchasing HDX.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection
Old 06-22-2014, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Upgradding has provided second suite computer and many questions.

I was thinking like you, but I tried activating and it said, after looking at my ilok account, that I had no upgradable product, and that was the end of that. It saw that I already had The 11HD from 9 package, so I guess I'd have to have had just 10HD and be going from that to 11HD. Oh well, I'll just try to sell my up grade on eBay. Thanks!