Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2013, 10:31 AM

Default Best PT AIR VI to load custom multi-velocity samples for drums?

Hey guys, bought some sampled drum kits from DrumWerks recently, I was wondering which AIR VI I can load these up in? I got PT9 and have the following
VI options, I think: Structure Free, Xpand, Boom. I'm not sure, have looked everywhere for a video/tutorial regarding these VI's but Im not having much luck. I know Structure Free probably can do it but I don't know how, know I've seen loads of free patches for it, so I would think its capable but the Creative Collection manual doesn't mention loading ur own patches. I bought a Drums On Demand Kit last week, it's a Multi-velocity sample kit...but I'd like to use these. I also have Strike 1.03 (i believe), was thinking of upgrading to 1.5. Supposedly u can load ur own samples (wav files) with that upgrade but I can't find anything saying if u can use/set-up a multi-velocity kit, anybody got any experience with this? I also have NI Kontakt 5 Free Player, which I know can handle multi-samples, but ya have to use Demo mode and that's limited(15 minutes or so). Anybody got a handle on the best way to go about setting this up? Thanks
Old 11-04-2013, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Best PT AIR VI to load custom multi-velocity samples for drums?

Structure (full version) would be your best bet. You can do round-robin triggering, and trigger different samples by velocity. Problem is that you can't set this up in the free version.

Check out Sampletank Free, it's probably the most flexible free version. Definitely try it before dropping money on something else. SymptOhm PE is free as well.

I believe Independence Free can do this, but it has a max import of 25 audio files. You might want to look at Independence Pro ($65, or free with the purchase of a library).
Old 11-04-2013, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Best PT AIR VI to load custom multi-velocity samples for drums?

Thanks for the info, def appreciate it. Ok, does SampleTank allow you to load samples with multi-velocities? I was thinking of upgrading to Strike 1.5, but, of course, I can't find any info saying ya can load multi-velocity samples. You have any idea about that one, if you have it?