How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2011, 11:48 AM

Default Protools 9 w/complete and Video Satellite Le

Hey There,

Will this work without the main rig being a HD or Native card? Or it is a fault with my system that I can't get it to work?

Just trying to offload my Quicktimes to another machine who's running Video Satellite LE to play in sync. I have Protools 9 with the complete package and there is currently no option in the peripherals to have the main rig run in Administrator mode. Do I also need to buy Video Satellite too for the main rig?

By Avid's statement in the FAQ " There are no feature/functional differences between Pro Tools HD 9 software and Pro Tools 9 software with the added Complete Production Toolkit 2 option."
I figured this would work without the main rig having HD cards like it did in Protools 8.

Sadly,a search of this yielded no results and although through some serious efforts, I still cannot get an answer directly from Avid on this..I'd really appreciate a response. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Protools 9 w/complete and Video Satellite Le

My apologies. After posting I figured this would be better off living in the post audio/surround foru. The thread can be found here:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=291438