Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2010, 02:23 AM

Default I can't use Western Digital My Book Studio Edition II 4 TB together with Pro Tools 9

I only get noise from the audio tracks

My system:
• Pro Tools 9
• Cubase 5 Version 5.5.1
• Tascam M-164UF USB Audio Interface
• iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 4 GB Ram
• OSX 10.6.4
• Western Digital My Book Studio Edition II 4 TB
• Software: http://www.hjortur.dk/hjortur/index3-the-studio.html

I have found out that if the audio files are located on my internal HD (Macintosh HD) they play back fine in Pro Tools 9 - If they are located on my FireWire Western Digital My Book Studio Edition II 4 TB (Model Number: WDH2Q40000) I only get noise when I play them in Pro Tools 9. I use this drive for audio recording and it works fine together with Steinberg Cubase 5.5.2. I have copied the Pro Tools 9 files to another Fire Wire drive (Western Digital My Book Studio Edition 500GB) and they play back fine from there. So the conclusion is that I can't use Western Digital My Book Studio Edition II 4 TB together with Pro Tools 9.

---

I only get noise from the audio tracks. The instrument tracks sound fine. But if I open a session with audio tracks, record some audio on a track or import audio I only get loud noise.

It is a "white noise" very loud - 0db. I have opened several session from the Lynda.com "Pro Tools 9 Essential Training " - I have imported audio files - and I have recorded audio files. The play back is alway the ""white noise".

The problem is the Pro Tools 9 playback of the audio tracks. I have played the same tracks in the Finder an they sound just fine.

I am using Tascam M-164UF as audio interface. I have also tried with PT Aggregate and the internal sound of my iMac and also Novation nio 2|4 - that did not solve the problem.