How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2014, 06:58 AM

Default 'Factory content was not found' error

Hi all

I've just purchased PT Express 10.3.4 with M Box (bit.ly/1eGM978) - PT installs OK (or seems to) but after installing the instruments separately, no sounds played. When I click on the instruments I get the 'no content found' error. Also, there is no Digidesign folder in 'Library/Application Support' and the Avid folder there only has 'UserSettings.ini' in it.

The instrument installer .pkg says everything has installed, but I can only see .dpm files - there are no .big files to be found (I've no idea where the install location is anyway as the installer doesn't tell me the destination).

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling PT (although the PT uninstaller didn't work so I had to use 'Appcleaner') - of course, I couldn't uninstall the instruments as I couldn't locate them!

I don't know enough to say if it's a 'Mavericks' issue but, as PT seemed to install fine (I get working edit, mixer and transport windows) I'm not so sure.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

TIA

Tony

---------------------
System info:

Macbook Pro, OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks).
Pro tools 10.3.4 Express with M Box.
M Audio Keystation with MIDI out to MIDI in on the M Box and M Box USB out in to Macbook. M box speaker outs (jack) to RCA in (to Hi-Fi amp).

Last edited by macca63; 01-17-2014 at 06:59 AM. Reason: missing syetm info
Old 01-17-2014, 08:05 AM

Default Re: 'Factory content was not found' error

I'd say you need PT 11 to run under Mavericks
Old 01-17-2014, 08:13 AM

Hi Phil

After much google searching y'day I was fearful of this but I've just seen this forum post http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=348357 and it would appear Mavericks isn't the issue.

As I mentioned, PT does install and I can access all of the windows and menu items. Everything seems to work - I just can't hear anything, which I assumed to be the missing content.

I haven't tried loading any samples so will give that a try later to see if I can hear those.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:29 PM

OK, so I can load and hear audio files and record midi - I just can't hear the midi playback.

Interestingly, I can see sounds listed in Xpand and didn't get the 'no content' error for this instrument - however, on choosing a sound and then playing my keyboard I can't hear anything.

I have it as an instrument track with midi in set to 'all' and output set to 'main out 1-2'. The small meters at the top of the mixing strip are bouncing but nothing is registering on the main meter at the bottom.

Please tell me I'm being a newbie simpleton and missing something obvious!
Old 01-17-2014, 03:21 PM

In left hand columns above all the track names (edit Window) there is a small icon (of columns) pull-down menu.
Clicking there you should see a list of views "comments, mic pre's, instrument...."
tick the instrument column view. You should now see the MIDI out of that instrument.
Choose the Xpand your using.
So All for in and Xpand for out (Ch1).

Instrument tracks have a separate MIDI in/Out and the final Audio Out (1-2)

For your "no content", Which instrument?
Old 01-25-2014, 04:03 AM

Thanks for the Reply DetroitT.

The options I see for 'instrument' are 'All' or 'Predefined', with sub menu 'Mbox control / Mbox instrument / USB keyboard (my M-Audio Keystation). All of these allow for midi channel selection 'all' or 1-16. However, if I select any of these I can no longer see anything in the mini meter so am guessing no signal is being transmitted.

For the out I have Xpand2 '1' selected (there are also Xpand2 2,3 & 4 listed) but the outs listed are 'Channel 1' through 4 (so not midi channels, Mbox outs maybe?) I have the same 'Predefined' options as listed above.

I've tried various selections of the above ins/outs but still hear nothing through speakers or headphones) - even though midi notes appear in the edit window and the 'midi meter' is registering.

I've run the tests in midi setup and all seems OK here so am a bit stumped - but can't help thinking it's something obvious!

Cheers

Tony

PS: The missing content is for the 'Boom' instrument.

Last edited by macca63; 01-25-2014 at 04:03 AM. Reason: forgot a comment