Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 07:10 PM

Default Assertion in \"PtSess_lop.cpp\", line 143?????

Help.... We've recieved a show in two parts, two OMF's, part one of the show imports fine, but the second OMF errors out after the DigiTranslator options page with "Assertion in "PtSess_lop.cpp", line 134". I've tried importing one track at a time, and only importing regions and audio, and copying/linking to media, WAV/SD2/AIFF options. Still NG. I also tried asking the editors to export another OMF, still the same assertion error. We're running a HD2, PT6.4 cs8, on a G4 1.42DP on OSX 10.3.2. Any ideas?
Thanks, Kevin Perry
San Francisco, CA
Old 09-08-2004, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Assertion in \"PtSess_lop.cpp\", line 143?????

I don't know what that error is but I have some ideas to search out. You've tried each track individually, I assume? (You said so, but not specifically that you have tried each and ALL of them.) Obviously there is something about the second half that is different than the first half which you have successfully imported. First, are you sure the editors have created both halfs of the show in the same way? Can they import the omf which you cannot?

How soon after the options page does the error occur? In other words, does PTools appear to do anything, like reading edits and looking for files, before throwing the error? Is the media a bunch of files in a folder (as opposed to embedded?) If embedded, how big is the file?

Do you have Digitranslator 1? Have you tried OMF Tool (a long shot)?

Digi, if you are listening in, it would be great if a developer could be asked what that particular error means.

I'm just taking stabs here, I have no idea what is wrong.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:41 AM

I've tried each and every track individually, and also tried the deaded OMFTool (Lo and behold, the dread Null MOB error). Thanks for the suggestion to try DT version 1. The error happens directly after the options page, no attempts to read edits or anything. The editors have delivered four shows, done exactly the same way before, with no problems... I'm going to try opening this on an Avid....
San Francisco, CA
Old 09-09-2004, 12:28 PM

Well, the OMF opened in one of our Media Composers, and I exported an AAF and copied over the OMFI MediaFiles folder, which worked... However, any ideas on why this happened (Digi???) would be appreciated.
San Francisco, CA