Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 AM

Default "Missing Files" - Another Feature Request

Not sure if someone else has ever posted asking for this but I think it is important.
I think a lot of PT users have been there. You open up a session and you get the "Missing Files" Dialog Box. You hit the Automatically Find & Relink button and pray that it works or you hope that the missing file(s) is only tone or something insignificant.

The reason it happens varies from third-party software copying files to the wrong path to PT Disk Allocation anomalies etc. Regardless of the reasons, I think it would be nice if Pro Tools could automatically copy all referenced audio to the current Session's Audio Files Folder with one or two mouse clicks.

The Fairlight had a feature which did exactly that called "keep borrowed" which copied any audio that was in the sequence but was not currently in the project (Session's Audio Files Folder).

I believe this would make archiving much easier and more reliable than it is currently especially in situations where many different engineers on different systems are picking up jobs from others.

Just my thoughts.