Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2003, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Bring back the Lexiverb!

I've heard from a digi rep during PT 6 tour that they are going to release a super-high class reverb plugin...
Old 04-07-2003, 11:05 AM

I've heard from a digi rep during PT 6 tour that they are going to release a super-high class reverb plugin...
Old 04-07-2003, 01:38 PM

I agree. I miss lexiverb... what was digidesigns excuse for leaving everyone behind?

oh yeah, digidesign was over at lexicon's house, they got in a fight and digi said:

I'm taking my toys and going home!

-----
grow up digi!
Old 04-07-2003, 08:48 PM

I had to choose last week between two different NYC studios for a week-long lockout...

I went with the mix+ studio over the HD studio- one of the main reasons was because I didn't want to replace Lexiverb on all the cues I had done at home before the sessions.

YMMV. The mix+ studio also had a nicer mike collection.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:03 PM

Is fathermac101 yet another recpit troll prowling the duc waters? I think so. Another Logic tweak head
Old 04-07-2003, 09:12 PM

I don't understand. How is it Digi's decision not to make Lexiverb for HD. Isn't that Lexicon's decision? I know that Digi sells and distributes the older Lexiverb, but Lexicon made the plug-in, right? I'm sure if Digi could have a plug-in with the Lexicon name as an exclusive HD-TDM plug-in they would jump at it. My bet is Lexicon saw they were losing some revenue from their high end reverb units, and decided not to make a new plug-in.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:22 AM

Yes, Please bring back Lexiverb.

Not only am I pissed, but my paying clients are too.

Lexiverb had been my primary verb for many years; therefore, most of my past sessions have hours upon hours of billing-time spent automating Lexiverb to perform special effects.

Now, there is no other Plug-in currently avaliable that have the same editable parameters and "sound" that matches the quality of Lexiverb.

Now, Am I suppose to reinburse all the clients who paid for time in which I spend automating Leviverb that is NOW no longer recallable.

If thought that due to the high price of Digi's Reverb One that it would match or exceed the Lexiverb, no such luck.

Lexiverb's inverse preset "VOCAL RETORT" rules!!
Old 04-08-2003, 07:41 AM

Are there ANY decent reverbs for OSX / PT 6 in the league of Lexiverb and TC? Planning the inevitable upgrade....What are the rest of you getting by on?
Old 04-08-2003, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Are there ANY decent reverbs for OSX / PT 6 in the league of Lexiverb and TC? Planning the inevitable upgrade....What are the rest of you getting by on?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Reverb One, Altiverb (soon?), and the Wave Renaissance Verb are all very good. They however do not replace or sound anything like Lexiverb. Digidesign should make updating Lexiverb a priority to support all the people who have been mixing within ProTools and have come to rely on Lexiverb.

sm
Old 04-08-2003, 10:22 AM

Even if Lexiverb is great, Altiverb IMO has more depth, and now there are L480 "presets" available.