Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 01:15 PM

Default If you support Bush, Digi doesn\'t want your $$$

First, I am very sorry to post this in a tech forum, I know it is out of place. It is not intended to draw a discussion of politcal discourse.

I know this will get pulled, but I'm furious. Mix magazine published an article by Paul D. Lehrman in it's November issue bashing Bush. Whether you agree or not, I do not read Mix to have my political views ridiculed, I read it for information relevent to my business. I complained to Mix and to advertisers such as Digidesign, and have been told by Mr. Lehrman by e-mail that Digidesign agrees with his point of view, and then insulted my political beliefs even further. This should not be a debate about political sides, but whether Mix's advertisers don't care if Mix insults people who spend a great deal of money on their products. Anyone wanting to carry this issue further please e-mail me [email protected]

Again, sorry to make this political, but I spend a great deal of money with Digidesign and other companies.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:35 PM

Default Re: If you support Bush, Digi doesn\'t want your $$

I guess you have to take a real hard look at the entertainment industry Patrick....

It is not really full of scientific minds....if you know what I mean.

The very few that are impressive, generally don't talk about it. ....But isn't that how it is everywhere......?
Old 10-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Default Re: If you support Bush, Digi doesn\'t want your $$$

Quote:
told by Mr. Lehrman by e-mail that Digidesign agrees with his point of view
That alone is absurd and a ridiculous leap from that statement to your entire post.
  1. Mr. Lehrman does not work for Digidesign
  2. Mr. Lehrman does not speak for Digidesign
Digidesign is not some kind of Borg collective mindset, we are a company of individuals that are completely free to make up our own minds and hold our own personal beliefs about politics, religion, and any other personal issues. Believe me, just about every political view is freely expressed here, and the only consequence is good-natured ribbing from both sides.

To suggest otherwise is both uninformed and extremist. If you have been ridiculed, it is more likely for that and for making wild accusations based on your own personal conspiracy theory.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:54 PM

all you can do is vote with your dollars. lots of companies let politics interfere with their business. look at Wal Mart for god sakes. They'll sell you a gun but not an Eminem CD. what kind of nutty [bleep] is that????

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:08 PM

Wal Mart will not sell a CD that has cuss words or a book/magazine that shows too much skin but will sell a movie that rated R with lots of cuss words and naked people.

Wiz
Old 10-30-2004, 03:42 PM

Well said Digi Admin.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:48 PM

Will someone please raise Pat Paulsen from the dead so I can finally vote for him?
Old 10-30-2004, 04:45 PM

Quote:

Digidesign is not some kind of Borg collective mindset,
ROTF!
And all this time I thought I'd been assimilated!
BTW,
I'm surprised you had time away from DigiWorld to check in on the piranha tank.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:57 PM

>>I complained to Mix and to advertisers such as Digidesign, and have been told by Mr. Lehrman by e-mail that Digidesign agrees with his point of view

"his point of view" -- are you simply mixing up what Paul is saying?

if I were mix magazine and a reader complained to an advertiser about EDITORIAL CONTENT, and asked the advertiser to pull their business because of EDITORIAL, I'd tell the reader to F-off as well.

If Lehrman says Digidesign "supports" his point of view, he probably means that, as a writer, he can write about anything he wants in Mix. Digidesign (and other advertisers) have NO PLACE telling Mix editorial what they should or shouldn't write. Mix is backing him. Digidesign is not going to comment. Good for them.

Advertisers typically pay a magazine based on readership. If readers go down, ad rates go down. If the content is not agreeable to the advertiser, they go elsewhere. If you think for an instant that you can threaten (or even influence) a writer as talented as Paul Lehrman, with pressure on advertisers, you are mistaken. Advertisers typically don't cave to this sort of anti-freedom of speech stuff.

Just so that everyone understands what happened:

1. you didn't like Lehrman's column.
2. you complained to Mix and at least one advertiser.
3. You are upset that the advertiser doesn't immediately pull their business, and you accuse the advertiser of being against the re-election (which is a questionable statement in the first place) of the current president.

Go vote for your boy on Tuesday. The rest of us should be terrified that people like you think their beliefs are more correct than others.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:59 PM

Quote:

BTW,
I'm surprised you had time away from DigiWorld to check in on the piranha tank.
they obviously left a sharp employee to hold down the fort.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Closed Thread