Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Mac OS X \'Tiger\' compatibility information.

Why may I ask is it such a pain? Is it a pain because you're an apple fanboy who has to install everything they put out as soon as it hits the market.? I have tiger on my powerbook and let me tell you it wasnt worth it until 10.4.1 came out and even with its much improved stability I dont think I wanna run my important work on it until after 10.4.2 has been out for a few days. Digi is taking the smart route. Also a point that hasnt been brought up yet is that Digi and Apple arent where they once were. Apple is shunning Digi more and more and wait until apple releases their own interface. Us mac users who want to continue using our macs with pro tools are going to be more up the creek than ever. Who cares if they had a developers pack....what good is a developer kit when the gold master wasnt even worthy of being the gold master. If you ask me Id say the companies whos DAWs worked with tiger right off the bat either got real lucky or are in bed with apple.. . . . . . just like digi used to be.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Hi

I've installed PT over panther 10.3.9, i've installed factory bundle, reason and sample tank too.

Then i've upgraded to Tiger and all works well on a iBook g4 1,33, 1,25Go ram mBox on an active USB 2 Hub. But i've dont try to start a new project just continuing my currents projetcs.

I' have disabled Spotlight and Dasboard to get better performance and with this simple tweak PT wors a little better.
How did you disable Spotlight and Dashboard?
My Blog
Old 06-04-2005, 11:12 AM

Im pretty sure you have to use unix commands to do it. Maybe theres another way but I doubt it...unless theres something in the developer tools...like the tool that lets you enable and disable Quartz 2D Extreme
Old 06-05-2005, 03:58 PM

I'm anxiously awaiting the 6.9.2 LE update for Tiger as well, along with lots of other people I know. Wish they had some kind of sign up for email notification once it is available. Until then, I'll be checking back here once a day.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:28 PM

One might think that the CoreAudio driver would be out by now at the very least. I mean, it is built in to the TDM and LE software, isn't it? And the TDM software is already out. So... what's the hold up?
Old 06-06-2005, 02:04 AM

Hello

I can use Midi and Virtual Instruments but no audio works i've seen this this week-end when i've tried to record some vocals...

To disable Dahboard and Spotlight i've search over Google some unix command than i've quickly forgotten
Old 06-06-2005, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Why may I ask is it such a pain? Is it a pain because you're an apple fanboy who has to install everything they put out as soon as it hits the market.? I have tiger on my powerbook and let me tell you it wasnt worth it until 10.4.1 came out and even with its much improved stability I dont think I wanna run my important work on it until after 10.4.2 has been out for a few days.
I agree with you but, with respect, some of still have a 64 bit computer running a 32 bit OS. I'm perfectly happy to wait until Digi have tested, but I am itching to get OS 10.4 on my G5 and see what difference it makes, mind you going on past experience probably very little noticable difference at all.

Stu
Lacie FW D2 80GB for audio backup
Old 06-06-2005, 11:56 AM

Yeah im anxious too. My problem here isnt with anxious people rather, with people who dont check compatibility before they purchase or upgrade their systems. Digi had it clearly stated in their compatibility documents well before Tigers release that LE and TDM would not be compatible. Then these people come up here and complain like its Digis' fault they were too impatient to check first.

Im really hoping the implementation of quartz 2d extreme in Tiger helps out with wavform and meter drawing. I notice that those are the first things to start to suffer as you approach full CPU usage in large sessions.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:03 PM

this really really really sucks, really bad!. I wish I would have found this out sooner. I just bought my power g4 saturday and assumed that it would be compatible with Tiger OS and I was tryin to load 6.7 last night and kept giving me that error message. I was going nuts. but now i know. basically i either have to wait or go buy the panther os. this sucks bad.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:39 PM

digi?!?!?!?! what are you doing?!?!?!
you can't just let all of the 001's die!
the 001 is a great little system, keep it alive in tiger!

how can you expect me to buy another pro tools system when you won't support the last one i bought?

tell me you're gonna offer a 6.4.2 release...

sincerely,
a loyal digi soldier (until now...)
Closed Thread