Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2013, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Fix List For Artist Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttraxx View Post
There is something funny with 3.0 and our OSX 10.7.5, they do not work well together. We have to often go to "system Prefs" and "stop" eucon, and then "start" eucon again. Very buggy and very disapointed with Eucon.
Make me a deal my friend $$$
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Like I said before, it will not allow you to insert a plugin via Artist Control, only by mouse. It also does not allow you to bypass, unless you use the mouse. There is something funny with 3.0 and our OSX 10.7.5, they do not work well together. We have to often go to "system Prefs" and "stop" eucon, and then "start" eucon again. Very buggy and very disapointed with Eucon.
I am sorry to hear that Everything works great on 10.8.4 and 10.8.5 so maybe it is the 10.7.5 system that have issues with the Eucon 3.0. Again I hope they release the update as soon as humanly possible for those who have problems with this..

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-16-2013, 03:28 PM

Hey Bill, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't able to make it work, but you can indeed bypass plug-ins and insert them from from the Artist Control. I do both of these things almost everyday.

YYR123, I agree whole-heartedly with SouthsideMusic, I know there are definitely some issues (most appear to be happening on the Windows Side of things) but I think these are the best options by far. They can do an amazing amount of stuff, and if you take a little time to set up when you first get them, you can add all sorts of personalized macros to speed up your workflow .

As for easy to use, I would say they aren't the easiest? Some of their user logic is a little non-intuitive, BUT once you learn the logic, I think they are amazing.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPSpace View Post
but I think these are the best options by far. They can do an amazing amount of stuff,

As for easy to use, I would say they aren't the easiest? Some of their user logic is a little non-intuitive, BUT once you learn the logic, I think they are amazing.
Nice thanks

Old 09-16-2013, 04:14 PM

Hey Thanks for the helps guys. It's nice to see this kind of comradery on user forums.
This unit was bought for a school install. I helped them put their studio together and we choose this unit for portability, cost, and the fear of a USB or HUI interface might be not supported. I am a user of C24 daily, which works very well. This Eucon has not been very stable thus far.
I think I might try as some of you have suggested, going back to version 2.7 and see if it helps any.

The audio express (or what ever they call it) is more problematic and doesn't work, so I have since unistalled it beings the control room monitor knob doesn't work anyways.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Avid

This is great productive dialog and we here at Avid sure appreciate it when customers who are having a good experience help others along.

Regarding Studio Monitor Express: Apple has made some changes necessitating a large amount of work on our part, that might not solve the issue totally. We are in dialog with them but don't have an immediate fix.

EuControl 3.0.1 is on the way shortly and we will post a detailed list of fixes.

JC
Old 09-16-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
This is great productive dialog and we here at Avid sure appreciate it when customers who are having a good experience help others along.

Regarding Studio Monitor Express: Apple has made some changes necessitating a large amount of work on our part, that might not solve the issue totally. We are in dialog with them but don't have an immediate fix.

EuControl 3.0.1 is on the way shortly and we will post a detailed list of fixes.

JC
Thanks for the udate...
Old 09-16-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the udate...
Yeah buddy - there is nothing worse than buying a controller then having non-existent support

Old 09-16-2013, 05:24 PM

I'm on a MacPro, my issue has always been that I am forever Stop/starting Eucon in system prefs to get it to "logon" to PT. After that it works fine. Next day I go through the same routine all over again.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhammernz View Post
I'm on a MacPro, my issue has always been that I am forever Stop/starting Eucon in system prefs to get it to "logon" to PT. After that it works fine. Next day I go through the same routine all over again.
yeah, skilled engineers can't figure this one out. baffles me as well, the refusal to address it i mean.