Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2009, 02:46 AM

Question Time stretch in PTS8.0.1?

I have updated to PTS 8 previously using PTS7.3.1, now there is question I have with PTS8.0.1?.....Time stretch do not work as it did with PTS 7.3, I use the same method however in PTS8 the wave breaks up it is all sounding funny distorted. What I am missing with PTS8?.........does PTS8 not work the same as PTS7.3?..........in PTS7.3 it is a very simple exercise select tool and pull to the desired length.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Time stretch in PTS8.0.1?

Have you tried Elastic Audio ?

Se page 18 and 776 in the Pro Tools Reference Guide.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:22 AM

The time stretch plugin has different settings depending on the source material.

Check the TC/E Plugin settings under Preferences-> Processing. Se page 93, 94 and 95 in the Pro Tools Reference guide.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:21 AM

Question Re: Time stretch in PTS8.0.1?

I had a look in the manual, however it is just basic setup which I have in place already.......Time stretch should be the same as PTS 7.3........select the tool put longer there you go.............why the wave is breaking up I am not sure.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:46 PM

Exclamation Re: Time stretch in PTS8.0.1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre67 View Post
I had a look in the manual, however it is just basic setup which I have in place already.......Time stretch should be the same as PTS 7.3........select the tool put longer there you go.............why the wave is breaking up I am not sure.
I when through the PTS manual as well as what is new, Elastic time work, however I need to stretch the length of a wave part hence the fact I want to use "Time Stretch/compression" Elastic time changes the time which I do not want just to stretch the length of the wave track.

This should be a walk in the park, however it seem not to be in PTS8, in PTS7.3 it was, PTS7.3 I just had to make sure that TCE is selected in Preferences menu and use it that simple, why is it not the same here in PTS8?, menu's look the same?..........

What I am I missing here?.........Please do not advice me to look at the manual again as there is nothing that gives me an indication why if I use TCE in PTS8 my wave would and is distorting really sounding bad, like when using a pitch shifter to change the key of a song doing more then two keys the wave starts to breakup sounding distorted and funny.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:32 AM

Exclamation Re: Time stretch in PTS8.0.1?

Is there no one that could come up with an answer?

Elastic time is either changing time or pitch, that is not what I want and what I need, I want to use normal TCE, like it worked in PTS 7.3.

If I use it now in PTS8, my wave is distorted.......what I am I missing here?????

I need to lengthen a part without changing the pitch and time.......surly this should be simple to do PTS8, why does it not work properly????
Old 12-23-2009, 01:19 AM

I use Pitch 'n Pro for this and have very good results. The time stretch in PT has far more negative artifacts but the price is right.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-23-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I use Pitch 'n Pro for this and have very good results. The time stretch in PT has far more negative artifacts but the price is right.
You Referring to Serato Pitch n' Time Pro???
I have this plug-in I would then select it in Preferences and use it a the TCE tool in PTS8?

I been using it as a plug-in not as my TCE tool, however I would take your advice and use it as my TCE............if I understand you correctly?