Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2022, 10:19 PM

Default Re: ARA2 Melodyne support coming to next version of Pro Tools

From this link, looks like ALL ProTools versions.
https://www.avid.com/resource-center...m_medium=email

“ ARA 2 Melodyne integration will be included in the next Pro Tools software update and available for all Pro Tools customers on an active subscription or perpetual license with a current Software Updates + Support Plan—stay tuned!”
Old 08-24-2022, 11:28 PM

Folks, you're all posting exactly what I have already posted. We're talking about different things.

The first Avid email I have says Pro Tools, and that's what the Avid article clearly says, with no ambiguity. Hurray! First significant new feature for years!

I've then received two subsequent emails with this wording:

Quote:

ARA 2 integration is coming soon to Pro Tools Ultimate! Fix pitchy vocals, harmonize notes, transpose tracks, and fix timings directly in your Pro Tools Ultimate Edit window with Celemony Melodyne 5 essential—included with Pro Tools support plans*. It’s fast and easy and doesn’t require roundtripping audio.

Get access when you upgrade your existing perpetual Pro Tools Ultimate or Pro Tools | HD license* to the latest Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual license (yes, you'll stay on your perpetual license). Plus, save 33% if you act now (just $499)!
Which, on the face of it, seems equally clear. It's coming to Ultimate.

Now, I'm both a Studio and an Ultimate customer (2 licenses). If you look back in this thread, when someone else posted the quote above, my first response was that this is likely a targeted email just for Ultimate customers. They'll probably be another one along soon for Studio customers. If that's the case, they will likely have sent out emails worded just like the Ultimate one, but with the word Ultimate replaced by Studio.

I haven't seen anyone say they've received one of these. I did get a third email and thought "ah ha, here we go", but it was a repeat of the Ultimate one.

That's why we need clarification. Once again, the PR / Marketing people have manged to sow confusion. And we're not making it up - these are all seemingly contradictory verbatim quotes directly from Avid.

So. Avid?

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 08-25-2022, 01:09 AM

...and one other point - Artist. Will it come to Artist too? It does have Melodyne bundled so one would hope so. But given that Ultimate customers are the only ones to have been specifically informed ARA2 is included, it's an open question.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 08-25-2022, 03:22 AM

It would be a serious own goal if the only significant upgrade in the last year is applied just to Flex. That would mean studio customers would have only had a new pricing plan and a track count increase of note, and that doesn't even apply on rival systems.
Old 08-25-2022, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin ice View Post
It would be a serious own goal if the only significant upgrade in the last year is applied just to Flex. That would mean studio customers would have only had a new pricing plan and a track count increase of note, and that doesn't even apply on rival systems.
It's definitely NOT just Flex (ie the Ultimate subscription). They've specifically said Ultimate Perpetual customers will have it.

Just to remove one option from the table.

Meanwhile - Avid?

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 08-25-2022, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
They word it as "ARA2 Melodyne" support. So it will only work with Melodyne? There are a few other ARA2 capable plugins.
M’y question exactly. I’d live for ara support for rx, revoice and auto tune.

Ej
Old 08-25-2022, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin ice View Post

And clip FX... and surround support... and atmos support... and advanced automation...

2022.4 was comparatively huge for vanilla users.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 08-25-2022, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
And clip FX... and surround support... and atmos support... and advanced automation...

2022.4 was comparatively huge for vanilla users.
Fair enough. I guess it depends on what you use when you are looking at the release. Just none of these were needed in my workflow.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Now, I'm both a Studio and an Ultimate customer (2 licenses). If you look back in this thread, when someone else posted the quote above, my first response was that this is likely a targeted email just for Ultimate customers. They'll probably be another one along soon for Studio customers. If that's the case, they will likely have sent out emails worded just like the Ultimate one, but with the word Ultimate replaced by Studio.

I haven't seen anyone say they've received one of these. I did get a third email and thought "ah ha, here we go", but it was a repeat of the Ultimate one.

That's why we need clarification. Once again, the PR / Marketing people have manged to sow confusion. And we're not making it up - these are all seemingly contradictory verbatim quotes directly from Avid.

So. Avid?
I'm also an Ultimate and Studio customer. Apparently. I had an old PT12 license for an assistant (was PT LE, then PT, now PT Studio ). That license support plan is expired. I received an email identical to yours with "Studio" replacing "Ultimate". Mystery solved I guess.

So were these emails only sent to users with expired support plans? My Ultimate is kept up to date and I did not receive one for it. I only got the first general announcement email.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
We have Studio only and received the following email message:

“Work with Melodyne Directly in Pro Tools via ARA 2

Hi David,

ARA 2 integration is coming soon to Pro Tools, enabling you to quickly fix pitchy vocals, create harmonies, transpose tracks, and edit notes in real time—without roundtripping audio.

Whether using the included Celemony Melodyne 5 essential or other Melodyne edition, get ready to perfect parts and manipulate pitch and time faster and easier than ever before.”

The email message says nothing about the Ultimate version; it just states that ARA2 capability is coming to Pro Tools.

Since we only own a Studio Perpetual license and we received the email message, I assume Studio will receive the ARA2 capability. Otherwise, I have no idea why AVID would have sent the email message to Studio Perpetual users?
Luna 1.5.5, Logic Pro 10.8.1/Logic Pro 10.7.9, Cubase Pro 13.0.30, Studio One Pro 6.6, Pro Tools Studio 2024.3.1, PreSonus Quantum 2, UA-2 Software 11.2, UA Apollo 8, UA Apollo Twin Mk 2 (2), UAD-2 Thunderbolt Satellite Quad (2), Fractal Axe Fx III Mk. II Turbo FW 25, USB FW 1.15 and Axe-Edit III 1.13.19, Studio A: Apple iMac 2020, i7 8-core 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP5700XT GPU, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6. Studio B: Apple iMac 2015, i7 4-core 4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP395X GPU, 1 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Monterey 12.7.1.