Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2010, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Logic and DP DAE breakage-is it permanent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Agent View Post
Hi Chuck and Tripit...

I'm currently on 10.5.8... can you confirm if DP 7.1/DAE is working in SL?
I haven't jumped to SL yet, been waiting for everything to catch up. I can only confirm that DP7.1/DAE 8.0.3 works well with 10.5.8. Although, the MOTU installer says that DP7.1 supports 10.6 and there isn't a disclaimer about DAE and SL, just that 8.0.3 is supported and that you need to install after 8.0.3 or otherwise run the DP7.1 install again for DAE to function properly with DP.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:41 AM

Since DP 7.1 installer has to be run after PT 8.0.3 is installed, does anyone know which parts DP 7.1 actually replaces or installs? A modified DAE or other extension? I really wonder if this will make Logic work as well?

http://www.motu.com/techsupport/tech...archterm=8.0.3
Old 01-23-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aune View Post
... I really wonder if this will make Logic work as well?
NO...m8 it doesnt work...why would it work? both digidesign and logic look for their interests... logic testing 64bit, while PT selling their 48bit workflow...comon sense about economy tells u they just wont take on same line...why would they? when mac releases 64bit as real working...PT might have even better system to keep the costumers under roof? i honestly dont see any future in this unless both companies make a merged interest which is highly unlikely...we've tried all possible combinations for logic studio 9-9.1 with name any protools HD 8.x...logic DOES NOT work using DAE or Direct TDM...the only option we tested and it works...only with core audio driver (DAE and Direct TDM disabled ofc)...using digi hw as I/O...in other cases, logic opens, u can make tracks in DAE or DTDM, u see TDM plugins in tracks OFC without buttons (only raw graphics show)...u can insert instruments/efx on tracks, but there is absolutely NO SOUND...nada ...nothing...i understand digi does not care about 3rd party apps (especialy Logic like which is conqurence), but having that said, why their support ppl write lies in their pages...like >> "(July 23, 2009: Logic Pro 9 released by Apple. Included with Logic Studio 2, Logic Pro 9.0 is compatible with Pro Tools HD 8.0cs3 in Logic DAE mode. Logic Pro 9 requires an Intel-based Mac)" <<...u have detailed info about testing PT 8 hd with any Logic studio...here http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=264951

such info, can make ppl buy their products thinking YES it works...and we've lost 3 working days testing all possible update releases for PT 8 HD and Logic studio 9 ...and none works...like in pt 7.4.x with logic 7.x where this 4 ESB with TDM plugs worked with not really even 95% stability...(ofc we KNOW 8.0.3 does not support DAE in logic...but NOR do any other earlier versions...whatever install order u might mention...ofc am talking about using Leopard from 10.5 up to 10.5.8...nothing works...and i wont even mention, that we DO have experiences with PT and Logic, which are seperatedly both alone!, nice working env.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzydj View Post
NO...m8 it doesnt work...why would it work? both digidesign and logic look for their interests... logic testing 64bit, while PT selling their 48bit workflow...comon sense about economy tells u they just wont take on same line...why would they? when mac releases 64bit as real working...PT might have even better system to keep the costumers under roof? i honestly dont see any future in this unless both companies make a merged interest which is highly unlikely...we've tried all possible combinations for logic studio 9-9.1 with name any protools HD 8.x...logic DOES NOT work using DAE or Direct TDM...the only option we tested and it works...only with core audio driver (DAE and Direct TDM disabled ofc)...using digi hw as I/O...in other cases, logic opens, u can make tracks in DAE or DTDM, u see TDM plugins in tracks OFC without buttons (only raw graphics show)...u can insert instruments/efx on tracks, but there is absolutely NO SOUND...nada ...nothing...i understand digi does not care about 3rd party apps (especialy Logic like which is conqurence), but having that said, why their support ppl write lies in their pages...like >> "(July 23, 2009: Logic Pro 9 released by Apple. Included with Logic Studio 2, Logic Pro 9.0 is compatible with Pro Tools HD 8.0cs3 in Logic DAE mode. Logic Pro 9 requires an Intel-based Mac)" <<...u have detailed info about testing PT 8 hd with any Logic studio...here http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=264951

such info, can make ppl buy their products thinking YES it works...and we've lost 3 working days testing all possible update releases for PT 8 HD and Logic studio 9 ...and none works...like in pt 7.4.x with logic 7.x where this 4 ESB with TDM plugs worked with not really even 95% stability...(ofc we KNOW 8.0.3 does not support DAE in logic...but NOR do any other earlier versions...whatever install order u might mention...ofc am talking about using Leopard from 10.5 up to 10.5.8...nothing works...and i wont even mention, that we DO have experiences with PT and Logic, which are seperatedly both alone!, nice working env.
Would you mind restating what you're saying in a more readable non-text message slang/shorthand (you know, like using full understandable words)? Difficult to understand what you are trying to get across.

QAPLA!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Would you mind restating what you're saying in a more readable non-text message slang/shorthand (you know, like using full understandable words)? Difficult to understand what you are trying to get across.
he´s lost 3 working days ... so there´s no time to write full understandable words

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 01-23-2010, 04:00 PM

BizzyDJ,

We have been using Logic 9.0.2 with the TDM engine (not DTDM) ProTools 8.0.1cs1 for many weeks. It is a fairly large setup (64 TDM tracks and 64 TDM inputs for slave returns plus many Logic instruments and Kontakt 3.5).
It works every bit as well as the Logic7/PT7 days. Sorry to hear it is not working for you.

Mel

Mac Pro 2.26 Nehalem , OS10.5.8 16G ram , Logic9.0.2, Raydat , PT 8.0.1cs1 HD5 w/ Magma chassis, Vienna Ensemble Pro, multiple slave computers via lightpipe