Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Protools INSTANTLY crashes when importing (USB midi issue?)

This problem is KILLING me right now! I can't get any work done.

Basically this problem only happens while using my outboard synth (usb) and playing back midi notes sequenced in LE (is that what you call a "slave"?). Everything seems to work great till I pause the session and try to import audio files. That's when it crashes and disappears without a trace (no error message, just boom, gone). It seems to happen the instant I click on an audio file. Also, I tried to open "workspace" and it crashed instantly as well.

I've been searching digidesign.com (and google etc...) but I can't find any information at all. Again this ONLY happens while using my outboard synth. I was using a midiman usb connect then I just plugged my synth (Korg r3) directly in (usb) and it still happened. It should be noted that I had this problem with my other synth too, so that's not the issue as far as I know. Maybe it's a bad driver?

You're help would be MUCH appreciated!

I'm running...

Protools 7.4
Windows XP
M-Box 1
Pentium 4
CPU 2.80Ghz
1 GB Ram
Old 11-21-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Protools INSTANTLY crashes when importing (USB midi issue?)

So I just called Digidesign Tech "Support" but I'll have to pay 3 dollars a minute to get any help!?!?!?!? Because my product is older than 90 days, that is some [bleep] right there.

I didn't realized the customer service was so horrible. So I have to pay to correct a problem with there product? That is really backwards to me.

Basically I'm screwed here. My last hope is to get help from you fine people.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Protools INSTANTLY crashes when importing (USB midi issu

This is the Mac forum. Try posting in the PC forum.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Protools INSTANTLY crashes when importing (USB midi issu