Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2003, 09:30 AM

Default Using D-VERB plug in

I noticed whenever i apply the d-verb plugin on my snare track i loose alot of output volume. Is this normal?

Old 04-07-2003, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Using D-VERB plug in

if you don't want that to happen, send the snare to an aux input with dverb on it. then you have your full "dry" snare that you can mix with wet.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:26 AM

Yes,

If you take a close look in the D-verb window you see a "gain" slider. If you side that one back to 0dB everything is ok again...

They did this to prevent digital clipping, but as long as you dont hit the red you'll be fine.

Bastiaan
Old 04-07-2003, 10:28 AM

i forgot to answer your question and went right for a solution, that is normal... if you were to instert dverb on a track and maintain the same volume, the dverb input would need to be at 0dB- which 99.9 % of the time would sound unpleasant.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:54 AM

Am i doing this right?????
On my snare track, in the send box i select
BUS 1.
Then i create a NEW TRACK, on the the input box i select BUS 1. Then i select the dverb plug in on that track.
It seems to work, i have my snare track, and a snare track wet.
When i go back to my edit window there is the new buss track there, but with this funky line(that can be adusted up and down), that i can click on and little boxs appear on the line. What is this line?????

Old 04-08-2003, 10:24 AM

It's called automation, I'm surprised you haven't run into it before. Automation can be used to control volume, pan, mute, and fx during a track, without having to do any stupid writing as you go. As the track runs, you can watch sliders going up and down in the mix window.

To disable that and switch back to your main view, just click one of those two carots (the upside down triangle) on the left of your track and select 'waveform'.

If you can't find it, you may be in a larger track view, and it'll be a labeled button - just keep looking on the left side of the edit window until you find an option that gives you pan, waveform, and mute and select waveform.

Since you've now discovered it, play with these settings, you'll find they're very useful. They can also be set with linked groups.
-Olaf
Old 04-08-2003, 02:17 PM

Quote:
i remember for a couple of months when i used to do automation by hand, in the mix window (on auto read). I always thought, what a pain in the rear. it was discouraging.
then one day i see this stuff in the edit window and was like, ahhhhh. well that makes it easy.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

That's why a printed manual is great. When you read it from cover to cover you have to dig thru a lot of "good stuff" but you get a good impression of what PT can do. Available at the Digistore or print the pdf. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Then i create a NEW TRACK, on the the input box i select BUS 1. Then i select the dverb plug in on that track.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Detuned6, use an aux track not an audio track for this.

Greets,
Pieter
Old 04-08-2003, 02:56 PM

[quote]Originally posted by ptrbas:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Quote:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Detuned6, use an aux track not an audio track for this.

Greets,
Pieter
<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thats what i was trying to figure out, how do i create an aux track?
Will i still have to select BUSS on my snare track?

Old 04-08-2003, 03:17 PM

When you create a new track(control-shift-N), up pops that little window. Where it says Audio Track, click that and a smaller window opens that has:

Audio Track
Aux Track
Master Fader
MIDI Track.

Choose the Aux.
And yes, you will still have to set the output to whatever buss you want on your audio track. You will also have to set the input on the aux track to whatever buss you choose. I think you already figured that out, though.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:15 PM

Thanks, I got to say you guys around here are great. I ask pretty basic questions, and they all get answered, no ego's, no flames, unlike the OTHER recording wedsites.