Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2022, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Structure Free no longer? Any substitutes?

Yes you did point out that 19.12 is the latest version.
All I can tell you is that the latest/only version i see on the avid website is 18.1.
Attached is a screenshot that I just took:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 3.02.01 PM.jpg (38.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-25-2022, 12:17 PM

Why are you just repeating stuff ?

**AGAIN**, very simple question, do you have a subscription to Avid Complete Plugin Bundle? (that's included with recent Pro Tools perpetual support programs and subscriptions). If so you find the installers under My Products in your Avid.com account *NOT* on the Avid public website. This is how things have worked for years now. If you don't have a subscription to ACPB you may not have any rights to the more recent installer. So which is it?

And even if you have ACPB you might not get a working version.

If you don't have a ACPB subscription you could try out a one month subscription or maybe even better just go to Air's web site and try out a free trial of Structure 2021.
Old 12-25-2022, 12:28 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

It seems I don't have a Complete Plugin Bundle anymore. I thought I did because I thought it was included with my PT Ultimate subscription (as the last line of this page says: https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductD...ate=DetailView), but I am now seeing that in my expired page it says it expired in April.

So it used to be part of PT Ultimate subscription but it isn't anymore?
Old 12-25-2022, 12:50 PM

Hey thanks for clarifying... no if you are paying for a subscription or for perpetual update/support you most definitely should have ACPB as part of that wether you have Studio or Ultimate.

Do you actually have a *subscription* to Ultimate? Or is that *perpetual license* with a support/update plan? If the later then the most likely thing is your support/update plan lapsed, if the earlier I'd have expected your Ultimate subscription to stop working as well.

Expired subscriptions may well show up (I'm not sure) even if you have a new one active. The old one is just expired.

In your avid.com My Products under Ultimate when you click the down arrow to show all the installers do you see any of the ACPB installers? You should have something around 20 different installers?

Separate from that, what shows up in your iLok account? Try syncing your iLok and renewing any subscriptions. Look around with the iLok License Manager and make sure the license is not just sitting in your account unactivated, or deposited elsewhere, e.g. in iLok cloud.

But to make this easy why don't you head over to Air's web site and grab a trial of Structure 2021 for now. And in the mean time work out if you say might have forgotten to renew a perpetual support/update plan or have some other account problem that Avid support needs to help you fix (file a Account support issue here https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support).
Old 12-25-2022, 01:21 PM

Thanks for this, now I understand and I see it.
Your last message gave me the clue I needed. When I first expanded the Ultimate tab I did not see there was another link that read "SHOW Software Download Links & Product Details".

So now I have downloaded the AIR 19.12 package and that one does install and run.
Thank you for clarifying and for helping me solve the mystery and helping me clear my confusion.
Old 12-25-2022, 01:28 PM

...I spoke to soon ;-)
yes it does install and it does run but then it hangs and spinning wheel like somebody said earlier, so I guess the "Testing" phase by AIR has not concluded yet
Old 12-25-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcnyc View Post
...I spoke to soon ;-)
yes it does install and it does run but then it hangs and spinning wheel like somebody said earlier, so I guess the "Testing" phase by AIR has not concluded yet
OK neat, so you see the same broken behavior I see on Ventura. You can try the later 2021 version direct from Air as a trial.
Old 12-25-2022, 08:31 PM

I know the AIR group (before Digidesign/Avid, during, after)
They offered cross grades/discounts when Avid sold them off.
There’s no incentive to support Avid’s marketing as an add-on from a separate company who gets no money from Avid.

The “bad look” is all Avid.
I wouldn’t run a company giving away support for free.
Even the OP is looking for a freebie (Structure Free).
If Avid wants to continue marketing these plugins as bonuses/part of ProTools, they should pay for development/support. It’s literally why the bought the original company (because people complained about Pro Tools lack of Virtual Instruments compared to every other DAW.) But once they sell the company, no one is on Avid’s payroll anymore. (They did have short term extension but this separation happened years and years ago now and Avid is still trying to profit)

(Sorry if this is a little too much “inside baseball” about the workings of Avid)
Old 12-25-2022, 08:35 PM

“Testing” does not mean it will ever work. It’s been over a year — that should be your answer. And there will be (most likely) no Apple Silicon version (developer moved on years ago to another company). I’m sure Structure is just in basic code maintenance at this point.
Old 12-25-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
I know the AIR group (before Digidesign/Avid, during, after)
They offered cross grades/discounts when Avid sold them off.
There’s no incentive to support Avid’s marketing as an add-on from a separate company who gets no money from Avid.
I get what you are saying, Avid needs to solve those problems by writing a check. And Avid's lack of clarity around support for stuff included in ACPB sucks. The whole lack of basic VI support in Pro Tools was partially addressed with the Air Bundle but jeez it's still embarrassing, especially if they think they are targeting new users with Intro and Artist. I wonder at times if anybody from Avid looks at competitors products.

And I've liked some of the Air VIs. But AIR does have their own problems. Including being hard to get answers to stuff at times and just being slow moving, they at least give the impression of having very few developers. And as one example of issues for kicks I tried just now to download the demo Structure 2 from them. Demo license gets deposited in my iLok account, but the download links via their CDN just do nothing, and it's not my web browser. Which to your point may show how much they care about Structure.

The Avid current/past bundling might well be worth something to Air, they might need to work to better leverage cross-sell/up-sell and work to cut Avid out of the picture. But when you can't even download a plugin installer ....