Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2012, 08:33 PM

Default Eleven Rack and Pro Tools 8 le, help?

Hi, hope you guys can help. I bought an Eleven Rack last Friday 25th May 2012, registered it and installed the drivers and updated the firmware. Fantastic, it works! I also got in my email from Avid, an activation for Pro Tools 10. This was cool since the 11r i got was bundled with le 8 and would not install on my Mac, it just kept coming back out the drive.

I searched for a place to register the le 8 to no avail, since I think I need to do that that, then dl Pro Tools 10, then activate using the key given. So where do I do this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack and Pro Tools 8 le, help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkus View Post
Hi, hope you guys can help. I bought an Eleven Rack last Friday 25th May 2012, registered it and installed the drivers and updated the firmware. Fantastic, it works! I also got in my email from Avid, an activation for Pro Tools 10. This was cool since the 11r i got was bundled with le 8 and would not install on my Mac, it just kept coming back out the drive.

I searched for a place to register the le 8 to no avail, since I think I need to do that that, then dl Pro Tools 10, then activate using the key given. So where do I do this?

Thanks in advance.
If you got an upgrade to PT 10, you would normally download from you Avid account. What emails did you get after registering, what software downloads do you see when you login to your Avid account?

If you dont' fined any of this is possible that your dealer has sold you some really old stock unit and you should return it for a unit with a full Pro Tools 10 upgrade.

Darryl
Old 05-27-2012, 09:03 PM

Thanks for the quick response. The numbers I've found on the cd wallet and the activation code that I got in the email from Avid doesnt seem to fit in the register ot activation product page. The email even said that I would not need an ilok key for activation with 11r, and that hell, here it is...

I can't seem to find a place where the numbers fit the spaces.

Quote:
Hello,

We see that you purchased and registered a new Eleven Rack recently (on or after October 1st, 2011). In October, we updated our Eleven Rack product line with newer firmware and software. We would like to make sure you have the newly included software since your unit may not have been updated prior to your purchase.

Please follow the instructions below to obtain the most recent product updates.

Please be sure to read ALL included instructions and operating system notations.

To obtain Pro Tools 10 and the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack, please follow the instructions below.

You will need the following personal activation codes:

Pro Tools 10 ACTIVATION CODE:
=========================
PTX---------------------------------

Eleven Rack Expansion Pack ACTIVATION CODE:
ELEV----------------------------------

Activation and Download Instructions:

1. Copy an activation code from above and then visit the activation webpage:

https://account.avid.com/

2. If you are not already logged in to your Avid account (which is your account on the Avid website used for downloads, activations, and Avid Store purchases), you will be prompted to log in before proceeding. If you are not able to log in, you may need to create an account, even if you have previously registered a hardware product online.

3. Once logged in, click on Activate & Download Your Product and paste or enter the above ACTIVATION CODE in the designated space on the page and click on the ?Download Now? button.

4. For Pro Tools 10, you will then need to provide your iLok.com account I.D. THIS IS NOT PRINTED ON YOUR ILOK!!!! It is the account I.D. you used when creating an account at www.ilok.com. If you do not know this, click on ?Forgot password or User ID?? at www.ilok.com and they will assist you. If you enter an incorrect account, you will be subject to a license deposit correction fee.

PLEASE NOTE: ilok.com account information will not be required for the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack. Instead, you will be provided with a system I.D. and serial number for authorization.

5. Next, fill out the registration form with your information. When you complete this form, you will be automatically registered for the activated product and will be directed to the next page where download options will be available. You will be sent an email upon completion of the activation process.

6. You can return to your activated products (including downloads) at any time after activation by logging into your account at: http://account.avid.com. Click on "Your Products" in your account AFTER activation has been completed. Your downloads should be there if you have already used your activation code.

An activation code can only be used one time, it cannot be reused.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:03 PM

Are you sure you didnt already register everything?

The registration area is here:
http://www.avid.com/us/support/register/audio

PT10 is not activated with a registration number alone, it requires an iLok with PT10 license to open up. So if you do not have an iLok you will need to get one.

Make sure you setup an Avid account, I think that is where you can enter your activation codes for the software so you can download them.

You will still need an iLok account and iLok so you can open PT10.

Be sure to pick a name you will remember for your iLok account, thats the name you will give out when ever someone sends you an iLok license.

Did you also get a free upgrade to the ERXP?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-27-2012, 09:41 PM

Thanks Benoni! I got the free upgrade to the ERXP as well as the firm ware update, and that went fine. I did open an avid account but didn't see where to put it in. I paster the email I got from avid but the forum said a mod has to approve it before posting... too long I guess.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks Benoni! I got the free upgrade to the ERXP as well as the firm ware update, and that went fine. I did open an avid account but didn't see where to put it in. I paster the email I got from avid but the forum said a mod has to approve it before posting... too long I guess.
Did you try logging in to your Avid Account, then choose "Activate and Download Your Product"

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-28-2012, 05:53 AM

Yup, and just tried again. The email said:
Quote:
4. For Pro Tools 10, you will then need to provide your iLok.com account I.D. THIS IS NOT PRINTED ON YOUR ILOK!!!! It is the account I.D. you used when creating an account at www.ilok.com. If you do not know this, click on ?Forgot password or User ID?? at www.ilok.com and they will assist you. If you enter an incorrect account, you will be subject to a license deposit correction fee.

PLEASE NOTE: ilok.com account information will not be required for the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack. Instead, you will be provided with a system I.D. and serial number for authorization.
I'll set up an ilok account now and see what happens...
Old 05-28-2012, 07:30 AM

Hey guys, I posted twice answering your questions but it seems a mod has to approve them before they appear...
Old 05-28-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Hey guys, I posted twice answering your questions but it seems a mod has to approve them before they appear...
This is the second time in a couple days I've seen users saying their posts need to be approved by a moderator...

Are they censoring new users or something??

Makes it pretty hard to help people out...

To the OP: Were you trying to paste the text into a reply from this thread? Maybe try wrapping it in quote tags (the little icon to the left of the # symbol)
Old 05-28-2012, 08:49 PM

Meanwhile...back at the ranch....

I set up an iLok account and together with the activation code sent, got the download links for PT 10, a read me pdf, a bunch of big fish loops and plugins and a zip of avid instruments. Finished downloading and I'll get to installation tomorrow.