Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2023, 09:56 AM

Default Group All toggle on/off

I don't have many complaints about PT (almost none) but this is really awkward and forgive me if it's been addressed.

For years, when I try to toggle the All Group to on or off (to edit all my tracks with a global cut or paste) or to enable or disable individual groups, you're supposedly suppose to just left click on it and it enables or disables.
I click and click and click and can't find the right spot to turn it on or off. It always opens the right click menu. It takes about 7 or more clicks to get it to toggle. Really, Really irritating and disturbs the creative flow.

Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks

JV
Pro tools Current, Guinness Can MacPro 3.5GHZ 6-core, 64GB RAM, UA Apollo Quad, AxiomPro 61. Waves, Massey, NI Komplete, Spitfire, Vienna Strings, EastWest, Reason, Spectrasonics, wife, kids, dogs, cats, farm, soundlogicaudio.com

Last edited by SoundLogicAudio; 10-31-2023 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-31-2023, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Group All toggle on/off

Maybe the equivalent keyboard command can be our mutual friend?

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 10-31-2023, 10:20 AM

Which would be?

Sorry to ask, but I don't know or been able to find a key command to enable or suspend individual groups or the ALL group. I only know about and use Suspend All Groups key command.
Pro tools Current, Guinness Can MacPro 3.5GHZ 6-core, 64GB RAM, UA Apollo Quad, AxiomPro 61. Waves, Massey, NI Komplete, Spitfire, Vienna Strings, EastWest, Reason, Spectrasonics, wife, kids, dogs, cats, farm, soundlogicaudio.com
Old 10-31-2023, 12:42 PM

I think this must be an issue with your system..? Left-click has always worked for me to turn a group on or off. What's your input method? Mouse, trackball? Have you tried a different device?

re: Key Command, I believe the only way to do that would be via SoundFlow or Keyboard Maestro.
Old 10-31-2023, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundLogicAudio View Post
I don't have many complaints about PT (almost none) but this is really awkward and forgive me if it's been addressed.

For years, when I try to toggle the All Group to on or off (to edit all my tracks with a global cut or paste) or to enable or disable individual groups, you're supposedly suppose to just left click on it and it enables or disables.
I click and click and click and can't find the right spot to turn it on or off. It always opens the right click menu. It takes about 7 or more clicks to get it to toggle. Really, Really irritating and disturbs the creative flow.

Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks

JV
Sounds like you are. This is a very simple thing. Click on the name of the group. You either have a terrible mouse or are clicking in the wrong spot. I do this 100s of times a week never an issue. Don't click on the colour or the target in the left column. Just straight on the name and it should go from highlighted to not highlighted.

I have no idea why a right-click menu is popping up unless you are holding a modifier key down on your keyboard. Don't do that.

To suspend/unsuspend all groups, it's command+shift+G
Old 11-01-2023, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
...This is a very simple thing. Click on the name of the group. You either have a terrible mouse or are clicking in the wrong spot. ...
Yup - never seen this be a problem on any system I've ever used. If you want to get fancy, you can enable keyboard focus to the group bin and use an alpha-numeric key to enable/disable a group ("!" for the ALL group) - I have a Keyboard Maestro macro to do just that for the first 12 groups or so. Also, you can enable/disable from a tablet running Avid Control.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 11-06-2023, 10:42 AM

Thanks everyone!

Must be just my system. I'm using a regular USB mouse, It works perfectly everywhere else, except on Groups on/off toggle. Truly, the only problem I have..with Pro Tools anyway

Cheers!