Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2013, 05:25 PM

Default Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 2.0 will NOT have Upgrade Path & IEP 1.x may be EOL

Funny I noticed PTIEP 1 is actually still for sale for RTAS: http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-...-Pack/overview

So I'm offering up a small banner tweak to Avid for when they finally stop selling it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PTIEP_Update.jpg (87.9 KB, 0 views)

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."

Last edited by kaiserpathos; 07-04-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:03 PM

Default Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 2.0 will NOT have Upgrade Path & IEP 1.x may be EOL

Beautiful
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:42 AM

Here's a question for the those in the know.

If there is no upgrade path from RTAS to AAX will VEP5 host RTAS PTIEP in PT11?
Old 07-05-2013, 02:46 AM

I bought PTIEP from AVID and I expect Them to update it to be compatible with PT11. I have not made any business with Air (or whoever they hired to do the coding, don't really care).
Old 07-05-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
I bought PTIEP from AVID and I expect Them to update it to be compatible with PT11. I have not made any business with Air (or whoever they hired to do the coding, don't really care).
Avid abandoned PT IEP long before it was sold to inMusic, now you want them to provide updates to AAX 2? Avid has moved on... Good luck!

inMusic's communication could be better but, as an IEP owner, I understand if they want to just move on with the new 2.0 AAX 2 versions and leave the very old IEP in the past as Avid's fail. What you are asking is the same as asking Avid to update any other 3rd party VI. They are no longer responsible for IEP.

How many producers and composers around the world use Pro Tools and IEP, who want an upgrade path to the 2.0 versions bad enough to flood inMusic's inbox causing them to make a decision in their favor? I guess we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonk View Post
Here's a question for the those in the know.

If there is no upgrade path from RTAS to AAX will VEP5 host RTAS PTIEP in PT11?
VEP 5 does not host RTAS, only VST and AU.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:56 AM

/snip
Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post

How many producers and composers around the world use Pro Tools and IEP, who want an upgrade path to the 2.0 versions bad enough to flood inMusic's inbox causing them to make a decision in their favor? I guess we will see.
+1 THIS --- I hope people do actually keep contacting inMusic/AIR so they will say something or make a decision.

I agree with you PTIEP 1 is Avid and past/done as far as AIR is concerned, and that's reasonable. Avid hasn't promoted it or discussed any roadmap on it since years before the sale of AIR group. All they've done is continue selling it.

I just hope AIR do something for IEP 1 customers, even if they weren't "AIR" customers on IEP 1 it's just a solid thing to do.

But I'm with you on AAX64 in that it seems no likely logical chance we'll see it for IEP1 - no matter what we've read on PTExpert etc.

Hope I'm wrong.

Come on AIR, say something on all this! I'm sure Mr Morris at inMusic is getting tired of sending the same canned reply to people.

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."

Last edited by kaiserpathos; 07-05-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserpathos View Post

I just hope AIR do something for IEP 1 customers, even if they weren't "AIR" customers on IEP 1 it's just a solid thing to do.
Agreed.

It doesn't necessarily have to be an upgrade. It could be a discount or voucher for IEP owners and/or existing owners of VI's from the bundle; something to say we appreciate you for buying these products before, want to help with the transition, and want you now to be "our" customers.

Everyone wins. They still get money for their hard work on the 2.0 AAX 2 plugins and are cleared from IEP/Avid because there are no "Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack" upgrades to tie them to Avid. We get a discount which makes us happy and more likely to also patronize them going forward (as they probably have more products soon to come out of the woodwork).
Old 07-05-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Agreed.

It doesn't necessarily have to be an upgrade. It could be a discount or voucher for IEP owners and/or existing owners of VI's from the bundle; something to say we appreciate you for buying these products before, want to help with the transition, and want you now to be "our" customers.

Everyone wins. They still get money for their hard work on the 2.0 AAX 2 plugins and are cleared from IEP/Avid because there are no "Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack" upgrades to tie them to Avid. We get a discount which makes us happy and more likely to also patronize them going forward (as they probably have more products soon to come out of the woodwork).
I've been meaning to post this idea for a couple of days now I just haven't had the time this is exactly a win-win

And it's not that hard to fathom they win we win easy
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:38 AM

+1000!

Sent from my PT beating heart
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Avid abandoned PT IEP long before it was sold to inMusic, now you want them to provide updates to AAX 2? Avid has moved on... Good luck!
Why do you think so? Looks like a current product to me: http://www.avid.com/US/products/pro-...expansion-pack
Avid has announced that some plug-ins are not going to work with PT11, but PTIEP plug-ins were not on that list. The plug-ins of PTIEP have not EOL:ed. I don't care much about upgrading to IEP 2, I just want to continue to use what I bought with PT11. It's very rare that Avid plug-ins don't get updated, and PTIEP is 5 (!) plug-ins. I hope Avid is listening.

Last edited by bad jitter; 07-05-2013 at 11:24 AM.