Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Protools 11 has put an end to my use of Protools

No, I don't spend much time on forums unless I have a question that I need an answer to. PT 10 was working fine for me hence I spent my time writing music rather than online.
Thanks for your advice. Will try a PT 10 re-install. If not, there are other options.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Manganay View Post
I would if I can run both 10 and 11 side by side on my PC. The 11 installer made me remove 10 and the Avid drivers before it would allow me to proceed so I suspect the same thing would happen in reverse.
Otherwise, I'll spend my time working in and familiarizing myself with Reaper and move on.
I have both working on my pc as do other people have them working at the same time on their mac. For me what I did was;

Install pt 10.3.6 (or later) install drivers, then install pt 11 and drivers.

Wave-T.com
Old 06-24-2013, 05:22 AM

Quote:
No, I don't spend much time on forums unless I have a question that I need an answer to. I spent my time writing music rather than online.
Sorry, I'm confused by this statement. You are insulting users of this forum while at the same time acknowledging that you would like their help when you need it.
The information that you needed in order to make wise decisions before updating ProTools was available from multiple resources, not just from this forum. Doing a minimal amount of research before making a major upgrade is par for the course.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:37 PM

Thanks Macsearcher. I've tried reinstalling PT10 this morning and as it does not work alongside 11, has completely written off a weekend's worth of songwriting, I'll invest my time in familiarizing myself with another DAW from now on.
Thank you and good bye.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Thanks Macsearcher. I've tried reinstalling PT10 this morning and as it does not work alongside 11, has completely written off a weekend's worth of songwriting, I'll invest my time in familiarizing myself with another DAW from now on.
Thank you and good bye.
What version of PT10 did you install?

It needs to be 10.3.6

Did you check to make sure you have your PT10 iLok license in your account?

What OS are you one?

I have 10.3.6 and PT11 working here on Windows 8 Pro 64 bit, so it is possible to have them live together.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-3-6-Downloads

Keep in mind, when we say you can use BOTH 10 and 11, that does not mean at the same time. Only one can be open at a time.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-24-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I would if I can run both 10 and 11 side by side on my PC. The 11 installer made me remove 10 and the Avid drivers before it would allow me to proceed so I suspect the same thing would happen in reverse.
Otherwise, I'll spend my time working in and familiarising myself with Reaper and move on.
I think someone who keeps on insisting that they will move on, has already made their mind up and I very much doubt at this point that you even own 11.

No-one throws away a 300 dollar upgrade and workflow overnight, especially with songs at stake, at worst you'd uninstall 11 and go back to 10.

Feed Not do
Old 06-24-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Thank you and good bye.
All the info you needed to know was available in the installation guide which you failed to read. The issues you're having with ProTools are due almost exclusively to your own negligence. Any DAW will require a certain amount of reading before installing, except perhaps Garage Band. So, if you're not going to do your part and at LEAST research system requirements, then good luck with Garage Band.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:00 PM

Hi,

Just to clarify...

When you purchase 11 it also comes with a version of 10 which will coexist with 11 so you can boot into and run either version!

General plan for most. Run 10 as you've been doing with all you usual plugins etc and at the same time start to incorporate and learn the new features of 11

Your ilok auth is a bundle of 11 and 10

You should have a version of 10.3.6 in your Avid account for download! This is the version you need to coexist with 11

So once you have 10.3.6 and 11 installed you should be able to boot either and work

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the PT 11 upgrade. I downloaded it over the weekend, installed and went to register it on my ILOK. In the process, I surrendered my PT 10 licence only to be then informed that PT 11 will only transfer registration to a second gen ILOK, which they do not sell in my city on a Sunday. Took off from work early Monday , paid for the Ilok, came home authorised PT11, and fired it up to find that all my wrapped plug ins are gone and that PT no longer supports them. This effectively means that PT is next to useless as a creative aid as my drummer lives on the north coast and emails his tracks as midi files.
I'd like to thank Avid for wasting my time, which is now being spent converting sessions to Reaper.
So long.
rage quit. best quit.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Avid

Question Re: Protools 11 has put an end to my use of Protools

Quote:
Thank you and good bye.
Peter - Your account shows your PT9+10 bundle surrendered and your PT10+11 bundle on your iLok2. Did you install 10.3.6 (need this version for co-install)? Is Pro Tools 10.3.6 not seeing the license?
-jc