Old 06-23-2013, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Eleven LE and Eleven Plug-in

Brilliant news!

Cheers guys.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfelton View Post
Yep installed the new installers and they work...
How are you doing this? I have both Smack LE and Eleven LE in the RTAS folder. I ran the plugin updater but it did not recognize them and install AAX versions. I downloaded the latest individual installers for those and my iLok auths do not authorize the AAX versions.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 06-23-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
How are you doing this? I have both Smack LE and Eleven LE in the RTAS folder. I ran the plugin updater but it did not recognize them and install AAX versions. I downloaded the latest individual installers for those and my iLok auth does not authorize the AAX versions.
At one time I had installed the TDM/AAX versions (on vanilla) trying to see if my LE Auth would work. On 10 it would not. Those plug-ins along with the plugins in the Bombfactory compressors that I didn't have (Like Pultec and BF3a, I have the older Auth without them) were put in the unused Plug-in Folder. When I installed 11 it installed all of them as AAX. I put the Pultec and BF3a plugs back in the unused folder (per the popup) and Eleven and Smack worked. I assure you I only have the LE auths.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:28 PM

It appears that simply renaming "Eleven LE.dpm" to "Eleven.dpm" and "Smack! LE.dpm" to "Smack! TDM.dpm" will trigger the updater to install the 64-bit AAX native versions that do authorize with the LE licenses.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Old 06-23-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
It appears that simply renaming "Eleven LE.dpm" to "Eleven.dpm" and "Smack! LE.dpm" to "Smack! TDM.dpm" will trigger the updater to install the 64-bit AAX native versions that do authorize with the LE licenses.
Yes I had deleted both the dpm's before I installed it with the individual installers that came with the PT11 installer.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:04 AM

I'm afraid none of this is working for me.
I used the 10.3.3 installer no luck with 11 or 10 aax, tried the renaming that did not work either.

What do you mean "trigger the updater to install the 64-bit AAX " what updater, none appeared in 10 or 11 after renaming the Eleven LE.dpm to Eleven.dpm.
(when I choose help > upgrade it says Pro Tools is up to date)

and 11 did not authorise my Eleven LE authorisation on my iLok, it does not show up in the plugin folder but is in the Library > Avid etc.

Any thoughts from there?
Is anyone's Eleven linked to their Avid account?
I know mine isn't, it's just an iLok "Asset" , don't laugh
Old 06-24-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonk View Post
What do you mean "trigger the updater to install the 64-bit AAX " what updater, none appeared in 10 or 11 after renaming the Eleven LE.dpm to Eleven.dpm.
On Mac, there are separate installer packages for PT11 and Avid's paid plugins. Once PT11 is installed, it's time to upgrade the plugins. The updater scans the RTAS and AAX folders for certain plugins and if found, will install the appropriate 64-bit compatible version in the AAX folder.

So if you have Eleven LE and Smack! LE, renaming them before running the updater will trigger the updater to install the 64-bit versions.

I've heard, but don't have first-hand experience that the Win installer does not come with a separate updater. It may be that it is built into the PT11 installer so I would try renaming the plugins before running the installer.

I did check the product specific pages for the 64-bit installers for these plugins and they are not published yet.

Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk

Old 06-24-2013, 12:40 PM

Thanks Top Jimmy, got it working!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
On Mac, there are separate installer packages for PT11 and Avid's paid plugins. Once PT11 is installed, it's time to upgrade the plugins. The updater scans the RTAS and AAX folders for certain plugins and if found, will install the appropriate 64-bit compatible version in the AAX folder.

So if you have Eleven LE and Smack! LE, renaming them before running the updater will trigger the updater to install the 64-bit versions.

I've heard, but don't have first-hand experience that the Win installer does not come with a separate updater. It may be that it is built into the PT11 installer so I would try renaming the plugins before running the installer.

I did check the product specific pages for the 64-bit installers for these plugins and they are not published yet.

Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk

I'm presuming that once PT11 & the 64bit AAX plugin are correctly installed, on would need to revert the RTAS .dpm filename back to having the LE suffix, in order to run PT10 without auth nags.

Stating the obvious I know, but thought I'd mention it.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Kolchak View Post
I'm presuming that once PT11 & the 64bit AAX plugin are correctly installed, on would need to revert the RTAS .dpm filename back to having the LE suffix, in order to run PT10 without auth nags.

Stating the obvious I know, but thought I'd mention it.
You could also install the AAX versions for PT 10 of Eleven and Smack. Well that's what I did and it installed the correct versions in PT 11 for me. Just a thought.