Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 PM

Default Re: DUY - AAX-DSP Plugins

Well, I know it's not up to avid to tell a third party how to run their buisnesses, but seeing how they are treating their customers/possible customers, maybe Avid should revoke their sdk agreement until they (duy) actually change their ways. Cause clearly that's not the type of association Avid should want to have.

Wave-T.com
Old 07-21-2012, 04:15 AM

I Totally Agree DUY SSSSSUCK at getting back to you. Im so glad there arrogance and inability to treat there customers who have handed over hard cash with any respect is getting a voice on the Avid site.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:44 AM

I'm still curious to know if anyone ever got the AAX plugins from them
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM

Save yourself the aggravation and stay away from DUY.

I have most of their plugins, I know Xavi (Xavier is the support guy you can't get to respond). There is only one guy total for support, yes one!!
I have been told "off the record" something was coming out "today" and then a year and a half to two years later it is released.
There is very little inner-company communication and ZERO customer support 99% of the time. I've had multiple discussions with Xavi about this, spoken with his supervisors. It's always the same, "it is very important to us, we know there is a problem and we are working on fixing it. We will be adding people, etc...."

But, year after year nothing changes.
Stay away until it has.

I wish I could get my money back on all my DUY plugins and walk away forever.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:09 PM

Well I hope Dave wont be in trouble for me posting this, but he's forwarding our concerns about DUY to the avid business partnership group. Maybe we will see some positive action being taken.

Wave-T.com
Old 07-23-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Well I hope Dave wont be in trouble for me posting this, but he's forwarding our concerns about DUY to the avid business partnership group. Maybe we will see some positive action being taken.
I hope so coz they are the only plugs I run in native coz no one answers my emails to upgrade them to TDM. The way the economy is at the mo you would think they would want your money!!!!!

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 06-30-2013, 08:39 PM

Default DUY is back

I just got email from DUY announcing their new website, with step-by-step instructions on how to re-register and retrieve my old licenses.
The new website actually seemed to work and I was able to retrieve my licenses, so I am hoping they are back from the grave.

I then filed a support ticket asking if I could get a discount or freebie on AAX and VST/AU versions of the plugins I already have in TDM.
We will see if a human actually responds.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by francois View Post
I'm still curious to know if anyone ever got the AAX plugins from them
I did
Old 07-01-2013, 12:58 AM

Default Re: DUY is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockridge98 View Post
I just got email from DUY announcing their new website, with step-by-step instructions on how to re-register and retrieve my old licenses.
The new website actually seemed to work and I was able to retrieve my licenses, so I am hoping they are back from the grave.

I then filed a support ticket asking if I could get a discount or freebie on AAX and VST/AU versions of the plugins I already have in TDM.
We will see if a human actually responds.
I tried retrieving my old licenses with my original serial numbers and no go, I tried contacting support with a ticket and still no go...why am I not surprised?

you know what they say, you can put make up and lipstick on a pig but at the end of the day its still a pig. They've got a new look/website same crap service and support.

Pro Tools 11.2
Pro Tools 10.3.9
REAPER

MPTK2
ProFire 2626
Benchmark DAC1
Neumann KH 120 A
Avid Artist Mix
ASUS Sabertooth Z77, Intel i7-3770K CPU OC'[email protected], 32 Gigs RAM
Mac OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks

Old 07-01-2013, 01:17 AM

where do i find my serial number for my products that was years ago when i purchased these. Will they be in my ilok account??

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis