Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Inconsistent triggering for Strike

I'm finding Strike to be a little inconsistent when it comes to triggering certain drum fills. When using the RocknRoll preset i'm gapping out the general patterns with the various fills on offer - the strange thing is, particular fills sometimes engage, and sometimes they don't. I'd say 3/4 of the time it's fine, but the other 1/4 of the time it falls to silence - I'm not sure why this is.

I'm using a virtual instument track to map the MIDI information, with Strike as an insert, and this phenomenon seems to be happening when i switch between fills -ie- of an 8-beat fill, I might use the first 4 beats of one fill and switch to the last 4 beats of another (just to change it up a bit).

I'm also noticing the complexity of certain instruments change (especially on hi-hats and snare) as I reopen projects to contunue working with them, although the master complexity slider and individual instument controls remain the same.

Both my PT and Strike software are running the latest updates, and my computer is more than cabaple of running the programs, so i'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting.

Any advice?
Old 09-14-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Inconsistent triggering for Strike

Continuing on...

I've spent the afternoon mucking around with Strike and it seems, of a bar of 8 counts, if I let one fill run for 5 counts and switch to another fill for the last 3, the fills work fine. It's just when I set them 4 counts each that this problem keep occuring
Old 09-15-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Inconsistent triggering for Strike

I'm seeing the same thing. Playing patterns in the Strike interface if fine, but as soon as I export them into a MIDI track and trigger Strike with them then many notes don't trigger properly.

Len