Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Latency ??

I am recording one track at a time into my mbox, I have the drum machine and PT lock up, so start time is not an issue... Here is my question if you will... after I record a new track, I set up the next one.. While I am recording the next track it is not in time with the first one I just recored. however,after I record it and play it back, then it is lined up with the others no problem! Do I just have to wait till playback to here everything in sync?? Sorry if this is confusing, I would just like to hear everything in sync while I am recording, not just in playback... Thank you, I am new to PT and did a search here but, not what I am looking for

mac 2.0 dual core tower
mbox2
mpc
Old 12-27-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Latency ??

As you've noticed, ProTools gets everything to line up correctly when you play things back. To reduce monitoring latency while you overdub, set your H/W buffer size as small as you can. To completely eliminate monitoring latency, mute the track you're recording, and use the Mix knob to blend the input signal with the playback signal while overdubbing. The down side of this is that you won't hear any plugins on the track you're recording.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Latency ??

Thanks... the instructions helped. by Adjusting the H/W buffer lower, will this effect the sound quality of the recording??? just wondering, I didn't here a diffrence...Thanks again