Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2006, 07:53 AM

Default Plug ins compato..

Please forgive the seemingly simple and dumb question;
If we update from TDM 6.4 to 7 ( with it's latest version) what will happen to our plugins ?
FYI..we only have the standard, Digidesign supplied HD2 pack plugs. There is that Waves Rencomp inthere...

thanx guys,
andrew

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 07-08-2006, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Plug ins compato..

Hey Andrew
Plug-ins for 7 were pretty pains taking for me but here is how I aproached it.

I printed off this list
and highlighted all the plug-ins in my plug-ins folder.
After installing PT7 and the Plug-ins from the installation CD (which will update most of the plug-ins in your folder if you install on top of 6.x) I then created a second folder called "plug-ins to update".
I went through my highlighted list and pulled out all plug-ins that needed to be updated. After checking off my list all the plug-ins that were upgraded to the correct version, I then went to the "plug-ins to update" folder. Beginning with Digi I went from developer to developer, website to website, download after download. I finally made it through my list. After it was all over, from OS intallation to plug-in update, I think I spent about 12 hours total.

Things to watch out for:
MP3, MP4, some versions can not be upgraded unless you upgrade to the full version, however they seem to be working fine. I have labeled these plug-ins orange in my folder so I know they are not at the recommended version.

Amp Farm HD (iLok asset name) will not authorize Amp Farm 3 (PT7 version)
I am still waiting to hear from Digi to see if I can get a replacement asset.

Waves (I am on v4) works but no RTAS optimization and I know there could be issues. Labeled yellow in the folder.

Reason Adapted 2.5 will not work with PT7 and Reason Adapted 3 will not open a 2.5 file.
I think it's time I get the full version of Reason anyway.

Plug-ins seem to be the biggest offender for crashes.
If you use HW inserts there is a known issue: a HW insert on slot #5 will crash PT in scrub mode every time.

hth
Old 07-10-2006, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Plug ins compato..

Truly appreciated..
Thanx,

andrew

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring