Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-20-2003, 09:27 AM

Default Mackie HUI fader vibration

While using the HUI with 001, faders vibrate, rattle, ect. Some times just one, sometimes 2 or 3. I sent the unit in to Mackie to fix. When I got it back it worked fine for a week or so, then the faders started their shake and rattle again. Anyone out there experience this and is there a fix.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Mackie HUI fader vibration

I've had the exact same problem with my HUI.
It seems to happen most when faders are at or near unity, so I try to move the channels around to keep those faders away from the problem channels on the HUI.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:16 AM

I have a HUI myself and have experienced this. on the mackie boards there was a thread that suggested the elecric feild where the HUI is setting has alot to do with it though mackie has said nothing officially. when i reworked my studio over the weekend i did notice that the #7 fader now jitters. it used to be the #3. what this means exactly i do not know but it might suggest some truth the the electric feild demon :>

for me it is hardware only and does not move the DAW fader. does your faders in Pro Tools move as well?

since mine did not i am not ready to part with it to go in the shop.

ken;
Old 02-20-2003, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the feedback. It does not affect the onscreen faders. The promblem seeems to move around. Oneday it could be 1&5, then later 3& 8. I would think Mackie knows what the promblem is, because as I said, after I got it back from the factory it worked fine for a while. I posted this subject on Mackie's support website, but never got a rsponse. It does not seem to affect the performance of PT, just irritating.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:20 PM

Have dealt w/ this problem as well. Where I work, we sent the Mackie back and got a new one which worked for a while, then did the same thing. And the problem also moved around to different faders every few months. We even had our resident Mr. Scott do something to fix it. it worked for a while then...yup...back to the same ol' same ol'. What is this gremlin??!!
Old 11-01-2022, 01:17 PM

Hello friends. I know the answer is quite lagged from the thread's original date, but the Mackie HUI device is still in use and the issues recur. I am a musician, but also an electronics technician and a happy owner of one of these controllers (which I bought broken and fixed), and to get straight to the point, I will comment on the faders that jump, oscillate, vibrate: The biggest cause of this problem is, generally, lack of ground on the fader controller board. I suggest removing the plate that is behind the faders/motors, and doing a good cleaning on the screw terminals, a light sandpaper on the grounding contact points may solve the problem. Another important thing is that due to age, the power supply capacitors may need replacement with new ones.
Some DUAL LINE type connectors may also need a good cleaning, contact reactivation or even re-soldering, on the part of the pins.
I hope I have helped a friend who may have problems with their Mackie HUI, and if they need it, I have electrical schematics, service manuals and many tips on how to solve problems in this wonderful console.
A hug to everyone!
Cristiano N.
[email protected]