Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2011, 01:47 PM

Default I can't get my Eleven Rack to work!

I have read all the stickies and I'm certified in Pro Tools, but this thing just wont work. I haven't plugged it in yet, but I have a 12 core westmere Mac....I shouldn't have to right? I dont think that's the issue. From what I've heard this thing is so awesome it doesn't need power. Anyway, I'd post a Sandra but I'm an IT guy, if I can't figure it out, what chance does anyone else have? Which reminds me, I'm tired of having to use all my awesome IT powers for Pro Tools. I scoured the internet and not one advert for 11 rack mentions that it needs power. I was under the impression that I didn't even have to hook it up to my computer. I mean "stand alone" means stand alone right?

Anyway, since I'm sure there's no solution, I'm going back to fruity loops to run my awesome studio.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Sucks! I can't get my Eleven Rack to work!

I can't even figure out what you are saying. Pro Tools won't work? The 11R won't work? 11R wont work as the interface? You don't have to plug what in, the 11R? Why wouldn't the 11R need power? As an IT guy, you can't possibly believe that it could run off of USB power. And if it's just the 11r you are having problems with, why say that PT sucks?

So can you clarify your problems specifically and list what you have tried to fix it? For instance, have you downloaded and installed the latest v9 drivers for the 11R?
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music
Old 07-25-2011, 02:24 PM

Unfortunately your "Awesome IT Powers" in all their awesome awesomeness don't include clearly stating what the actual problem you are experiencing is. "This thing just won't work" is a lot less than awesome, and does not give anybody here much useful information.

And the 12 core Westmere Mac that you own is truly awesome but the fact that it is not connected to the Eleven Rack and has nothing to do with the problem of getting this to work stand-alone is not so awesome. A Sandra report from a 12 core Mac would be awesome for entertainment value--but break it to us gently if you are really running Windows 7 on that box.

Sigh.

---

You have the Eleven Rack connected to a guitar on the front panel guitar input. And what else is connected? - powered speakers? Guitar amplifier? Plugged into what connector on the Eleven Rack? Are you using a headphone? And you try to play the guitar (that you've checked works elsewhere?) and you get no sound output?

You are using a default rig? Try changing to another factory default rig.

Do the volume meters in the main rig display show anything at Guitar input and main outputs etc. as you play?

Are the master volume (and headphone volume if using that), amp volume(s), rig volume, etc. all turned up (if you turn them up high can you hear hum/static noise?). Go into the rig view on the main screen and look at the amp block overall controls and amp settings. It should not be the problem but try disabling the noise gate (in the amp block second screen set the GATE knob all the way anti-clockwise to OFF).

Do a Reset Memory on the Eleven Rack. Hold down the Edit/Back button for a few seconds then navigate down to the reset. This will erase any presets/changes you have made.

The Rig Input (again in user settings) should be set to guitar after the reset but check it anyhow.

You may have a clock rate problem that has hit some users. Search for clock and Eleven Rack on DUC. Try setting the Digital Clock rate to say 96kHz (in user settings) and see if that works--if so its good confirmation you likely have the clock problem. If it is a clock rate problem you need to contact Avid to arrange a repair.

Darryl
Old 07-25-2011, 02:40 PM

Awesome post. I got IT.

You can power the 11R solely on the awesomeness of your playing. Chug and windmill hard enough and your should be able to punch enough microvolts into it to light it off. Making some awesome pouts and grimace may help.

It's however entirely possible that "your playing it wrong".

I know your a IT guy but posting

What Song your Playing.
The Key
The Tempo
The Genre
Any specific patterns your using - like running 32nd note triptets, 64ths notes etc
Color and Brand of the connecting cable

Would all be helpful.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 07-25-2011, 02:55 PM

Yeah, sorry guys. I thought the sarcasm was obvious. i'll do an emoticon next time
Old 07-25-2011, 03:01 PM

Dickh^H^H^H^H^HAwesome.

Darryl
Old 07-25-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egg View Post
I have read all the stickies and I'm certified in Pro Tools, but this thing just wont work. I haven't plugged it in yet, but I have a 12 core westmere Mac....I shouldn't have to right? I dont think that's the issue. From what I've heard this thing is so awesome it doesn't need power. Anyway, I'd post a Sandra but I'm an IT guy, if I can't figure it out, what chance does anyone else have? Which reminds me, I'm tired of having to use all my awesome IT powers for Pro Tools. I scoured the internet and not one advert for 11 rack mentions that it needs power. I was under the impression that I didn't even have to hook it up to my computer. I mean "stand alone" means stand alone right?

Anyway, since I'm sure there's no solution, I'm going back to fruity loops to run my awesome studio.
well done

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-25-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egg View Post

How many times have we seen this post under different guises

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 07-25-2011, 08:08 PM

Lol'd.

I heard tuning down can cause an increased amount of Electromagnetic flux in the coils, and you dont have to strum quite as hard to keep it powered. But hey, thats just my two cents

Nick
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver Edition W/ Silver Jubilee Cabinet
Old 07-25-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcrazyfruit View Post
Lol'd.

I heard tuning down can cause an increased amount of Electromagnetic flux in the coils, and you dont have to strum quite as hard to keep it powered. But hey, thats just my two cents

Nick
I doubt tuning down 2 cents would make a difference.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page