Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2006, 01:33 PM

Default Which kinda video to route through FireWire?

Guys,

PT imports QuickTime videos and Avid linked OMF's as I understand. I recently worked on Avid/PT workstation with Avid Mojo, and PT only playbacks OMF's to external monitor (through Mojo, FireWire). It shows special controls on video track, whether I want a composite or component output and also PT shows the file's videosystem (PAL in my case). But if I import Avid DV .mov (or any other kind of DV .mov) it playbacks it only in QT Movie Window, there's no possibility to route the video through FireWire port. Could you please tell me the place where I can read which kind of videofiles are fully supported by Pro Tools (6x + 7.0)? Or it must come as linked OMF to see it on external monitor?
Old 04-10-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Which kinda video to route through FireWire?

Options -> Quicktime DV out Firewire (for PT7, it was elsewhere in PT6)

You movies need to be in DV format, but that's about the only requirement. Motion JPEG etc. won't work.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:50 PM

Thanks, I finally found that in Reference Guide. Just wonder why I didn't find it in previous searches It must be Apple (QuickTime) DV, Avid DV won't.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:43 PM

Hmmmm....DV is just that, DV...there is nothing special about QT DV. Apple doesn't apply any voodoo to it...Wonder what's up with Avid or the settings?
Old 04-12-2006, 07:57 AM

It's written in the manual, Avid DV files won't play through firewire. And I don't think DV is just DV because of these different codecs (Avid DV, Microsoft DV, Apple DV, ya know) available.