Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 11:21 PM

Default (Hopefully) stupid, easy question about bouncing

Im real new to pro tools and seem to be having some difficulty. Every time I bounce to file, the file doesn't have any sound. I hear it as it gets bounced, but afterwards, if i open the file, it is silent and lasts as long as the selection I bounced. I have only two tracks sent to a master fader with a dither and compressor. Before this, I tried just one track and then 2 without the fader- same result. I probably just have something misconfigured. Not too sure though.
Thanks.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:38 PM

Default Re: (Hopefully) stupid, easy question about bouncing

Hi, are you bouncing down to 16 bit, 44.1 Stereo Interleaved Wav. files?
Old 08-03-2004, 11:38 PM

Sacredchao,
1. Make sure that you are slecting ALL audio tracks that you want to have bounced.
2. Make sure that if you are trying to bounce to Cd that you set it to 44/16.

Hope that this helps.

If all else fails, try to load the bounced file in Pro Tools and see if it has data.

- Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 08-03-2004, 11:41 PM

It may be due to the bounce window. Make sure the "Bounce Source" matches the outputs of each track you would like to bounce, also the format should be stereo interleaved, and the file type should typically be .WAV or .AIFF. Make sure to click on the "convert after bounce" button. Lastly, make sure you have the exact timeline marked with both start and stop times, to assure that you aren't bouncing any areas of unneccesary silence.

I hope this helps,
-Matt Reisinger
Old 08-03-2004, 11:43 PM

Doc, what are you doing up? It is 2:44 in the morning. Me, I have the whole week off.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:58 PM

yeah, im mixing to 44/16/wav/stereo interleaved (in this case, from tracks that were originally mono that i have panned to the left and right)
maybe im doing it completely wrong, but it seems right. I had 2 mics, and they were recorded as tracks 1 and 2. Both of their outputs are set to analog 1-2. I put in a send via bus 1-2 to a master fader with dither and compressor inserts. This output is set to bus 1-2. The bounce input is set to bus 1-2. Everything else is set as stated above. I think Ive got things totally screwed up somewhere in here, but im not sure where.
Thanks.

wait...never mind. It worked that time. Dont really know what I changed. Blast. Thanks anyway ;-)
Im sure ill be back sometime with some other idiotic problem that ill solve while typing my explanation of the problem.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:01 AM

Sleep deprived and messing with the website and WAVELAB tonight. Working on some mastering stuff for that band that I put out on the Hear it now post. Check em out! Pretty cool!

Going to bed now. Work in 5 hours!

You do that trip yet? email me offline...

Doc needs ZZZZZ'zzzzzz

- Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 08-04-2004, 12:09 AM

Later Doc.

Quote:
I put in a send via bus 1-2 to a master fader with dither and compressor inserts. This output is set to bus 1-2. The bounce input is set to bus 1-2.
Why?
You might want to bus the tracks to a stereo aux track.
If you create a Master Fader, then thats all you have to do to get it to see the other 2 tracks.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:53 PM

I think i get what your saying, but im not too sure. I understand (now) that theres no reason to bus to the master fader, but why would I want to bus to a stereo aux track? Im brand new to this (as stated earlier) so forgive the stupidity of that question. I just have a severe headache right now and dont really want to sit here looking at 700 pdf pages trying to find the explanation again. After i create a stereo aux track, what would i do with it? would i then create a master fader to put the dither on before bouncing? Im a bit confused.