Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2011, 05:53 PM

Default The Expansion Pack LOVES 7-string guitars!

Hey guys,

Merry Christmas...or is it Happy Birthday...no, it's....

HAPPY EXPANSION PACK DAY!

Like all of you I'm sure, I have been completely worthless around the house today...left work early, turned off the cell phone, ignoring the wife, letting dinner get cold, and kicking the dog out of the way just playing the new Expansion Pack in all of it's glory!

I was so excited when I tried all of the new stuff, but when I broke out the 7-string guitar and started playing the new DC Modern SOD amp, I had to make a rig right then and there!
It's called "Mike's 7-String Rig", and I uploaded it at elevenrackpreset.com few minutes ago (waiting for it to be posted). I went for a cool sound that's not too Nu-Metal sounding, but you can adjust and tweak it to whatever you like!
http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/Details/488.html

I used my 1990 Ibanez UV7PWH Universe 7-string guitar, and the rig consists of the DC Modern SOD amp + Classic 30 cab with the Dyn 7 mic off axis and 2.4 Speaker Breakup! I also threw in the new Dynamic Delay set to PONG, and the White Boost pedal.

I made a soundclip to demo the rig for you to check out.

WARNING: This is a very naked track with nothing but the guitar playing. I had absolutely no idea what I was going to play, so I just started jamming. At one point, I kick in the flanger set to a really low rate to fatten up a little part, then I kick in the Shine Wah for a bit, then I kick in the new PONG Delay (cause it sounds AWESOME....the delay that is, not me ).
AGAIN...it's rough ("ahhh, just the way your mother likes it!"...gotta love those Celebrity Jeopardy skits )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...ongID=10428611

MAN that amp is killer!
Once again, a huge THANKS BRO'S to Chris and the Chimp for making this all possible!

Peace out guys!
Mike

Old 03-22-2011, 06:01 PM

Default Re: The Expansion Pack LOVES 7-string guitars!

yeah man that SOD should have been called the SOB its a stupid good metal amp.

I dont have any 7 stringers anymore, but I always tune my 6ers to drop B, and sometimes Drop A and Drop G#, and the SOD keeps up. Now if they just add that Whammy, a River Knucklehead, Diezel Herbert, and 5150, i will be in Metal 'heaven' (or hell, since metal is not known for its glorification of 'heaven')

Horns up bro ham \m/ yeeeeeeaaaahhhhh!

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-22-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
yeah man that SOD should have been called the SOB its a stupid good metal amp.

I dont have any 7 stringers anymore, but I always tune my 6ers to drop B, and sometimes Drop A and Drop G#, and the SOD keeps up. Now if they just add that Whammy, a River Knucklehead, Diezel Herbert, and 5150, i will be in Metal 'heaven' (or hell, since metal is not known for its glorification of 'heaven')

Horns up bro ham \m/ yeeeeeeaaaahhhhh!
LOL...horns up back atcha broseph!
I may try to make a rig using this SOD amp and compare it to my 5150 to see if I can get it to sound close. I'd LOVE IT if they were to add the 5150, River Knucklehead, and Diezel Herbert in the future! But as Larry the Cable Guy would say, "I'm happier than a retard at the Chuck E Cheese" with this Expansion Pack...so all is good!

Old 03-22-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefont View Post
LOL...horns up back atcha broseph!
I may try to make a rig using this SOD amp and compare it to my 5150 to see if I can get it to sound close. I'd LOVE IT if they were to add the 5150, River Knucklehead, and Diezel Herbert in the future! But as Larry the Cable Guy would say, "I'm happier than a retard at the Chuck E Cheese" with this Expansion Pack...so all is good!

hey, now you need to apologize and bless all the starvin' pygmies

Larry needs an 11R
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUjE29rmqIg

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-22-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
hey, now you need to apologize and bless all the starvin' pygmies

Larry needs an 11R
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUjE29rmqIg
LMFAO...funny video!

Lord I apologize!

Old 03-22-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefont View Post
Hey guys,

Merry Christmas...or is it Happy Birthday...no, it's....

HAPPY EXPANSION PACK DAY!

Like all of you I'm sure, I have been completely worthless around the house today...left work early, turned off the cell phone, ignoring the wife, letting dinner get cold, and kicking the dog out of the way just playing the new Expansion Pack in all of it's glory!

I was so excited when I tried all of the new stuff, but when I broke out the 7-string guitar and started playing the new DC Modern SOD amp, I had to make a rig right then and there!
It's called "Mike's 7-String Rig", and I uploaded it at elevenrackpreset.com few minutes ago (waiting for it to be posted). I went for a cool sound that's not too Nu-Metal sounding, but you can adjust and tweak it to whatever you like!

I used my 1990 Ibanez UV7PWH Universe 7-string guitar, and the rig consists of the DC Modern SOD amp + Classic 30 cab with the Dyn 7 mic off axis and 2.4 Speaker Breakup! I also threw in the new Dynamic Delay set to PONG, and the White Boost pedal.

Oh, now you've gone and done it .

I have three 7 string guitars all in various states of repair, so, I'll never get any work done now .

I feel asleep at around 1.30 am () just a 1/2 hour b4 the update became available and haven't downloaded it yet. But I'll be trollin 11Rack Presets later to check out your rig.

Anyway, I just got my FCB1010 Controller and waiting for the 11Prom to arrive . Am I in Guitar Heaven???
Old 03-22-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
Oh, now you've gone and done it .

I have three 7 string guitars all in various states of repair, so, I'll never get any work done now .

I feel asleep at around 1.30 am () just a 1/2 hour b4 the update became available and haven't downloaded it yet. But I'll be trollin 11Rack Presets later to check out your rig.

Anyway, I just got my FCB1010 Controller and waiting for the 11Prom to arrive . Am I in Guitar Heaven???
LOL...oops...my bad bro!

Yep, the Expansion Pack and the FCB1010 with 11PROM...life is good indeed!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:01 PM

The DC Modern SOD is HOT. It might be my favorite new amp. It doesn't really matter what they call it, clone or not it is one Bad ***** amp.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_with_v View Post
the dc modern sod is hot. It might be my favorite new amp. It doesn't really matter what they call it, clone or not it is one bad ***** amp.
HELLZ YEAH it is!

Old 03-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_with_v View Post
The DC Modern SOD is HOT. It might be my favorite new amp. It doesn't really matter what they call it, clone or not it is one Bad ***** amp.
That is music to my ears! Glad you like it.