Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2003, 12:55 AM

Default WHICH NEVE?!!??!?

hello guys...i am 1ßß%ly going to build a rack with 8 or even 2 racks with 16 modules but...which neve is the best ,ok not best,which one u like most and why??? many peopple say the 1073 is amazing but to me its like i wont spent that money time and effort for so little eq-possibilities..i want mor bands like...so i thought of the 1081...or maybe it is possible to take the 1272 amp and combine it with the 1081 eq...???? any statements would be very helpful...thx
Old 05-14-2003, 03:03 AM

Default Re: WHICH NEVE?!!??!?

...I heard the waves are really good in Hawaii right now...
Old 05-14-2003, 03:21 AM

joZ, what the heck do you mean??? i think you dont have to answer if you arent serious ,sorry but im really into that **** at the moment and all i want is others peoples opinion...is that so hard to understand...sorry but i cant uderstand you at all...and even dont want to...
Old 05-14-2003, 09:00 AM

The Neve EQs are not surgical. They are musical. I think you'll find that there are plenty of great sounds in a Neve EQ. You can't really just read the paint and decide there aren't enough choices. Get a GML or the Sony EQ if you want lots of control.

Steve
Old 05-14-2003, 09:57 AM

Quote:
by Extreme Mixing:
The Neve EQs are not surgical. ....Get a GML or the Sony EQ if you want lots of control.
Steve
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree with Steve
Get the 1272's and add a different EQ for in depth control.
Well my personal recommendation would be: Build your racks with top notch pres and add a couple of eq plugs such as Sony Oxford, Massenburg or McDSP.
Nevertheless, its all a matter of preference and style of working.

Related Thread
Old 05-14-2003, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AEXXL:
joZ, what the heck do you mean??? i think you dont have to answer if you arent serious ,sorry but im really into that **** at the moment and all i want is others peoples opinion...is that so hard to understand...sorry but i cant uderstand you at all...and even dont want to...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So... if you are *so* serious, then why don't you listen to them and decide which ones YOU like. Who cares what I like. What do you like? You are going to drop some serious cash on 16 channels of vintage Neve pre's/eq. If I was about to drop that kind of cash, you better beleive that I'd be buying that one that I LIKED not what some complete stranger on a news groups told me to get.

If you can't tell the difference enough to have an opinion, then I suggest doing to ear training for a while before you purchase. What are you going to do when you have to make creative decisions on a session? Make your client wait while you ask a discussion group which sounds better?

I'm sorry if that's harsh, but you opened the "harsh" issue with your response to Joz, which was uncalled for.

-Tom
Old 05-15-2003, 01:50 AM

wait a minute tlester... when im in a session i do what is neccessary...but whem im thinking of spending as you say serious cash i just want to hear some others opinions not more not less i wont make my descision only on that its just a part...as i think a few here are really pros the rest not and if that few just say what they think it cant be bad...but i see all u wackos try to attack someone when u see he going to spen cash...ENVY...sorry but no other clue for me cause all i want is to hear others opinions..isnt a forum there for that!?!?
Old 05-15-2003, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joz:
...I heard the waves are really good in Hawaii right now...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mmmmmm....waves.....Hawaii.....
Old 05-15-2003, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AEXXL:
wait a minute... i see all u wackos try to attack someone when u see he going to spen cash...ENVY...sorry but no other clue for me cause all i want is to hear others opinions..isnt a forum there for that!?!?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">uhhhhhhh, not this forum. Try general discussion or gearslutz! Why would you want responses from "wackos" anyway! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
You are better off renting a rack w/ the modules you are asking about and determinig for yourself or renting time at a studio that has these modules and putting them thru the paces b4 you drop "Neve" cash!
ut oh time for my meds [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2003, 07:31 AM

im sorry but i cannot understand what you are saying..instead of just answering and being constructive its the opposite sometimes...but why?? all i wanted is to hear opinions about different neves...is that so hard to understand...?!?! im sorry but i just cant understand that at all...and i dont want to rent a studio or something else ,i just wondered about some neve gear...and yes i havent heard all of them , how could i?? thats why im asking...and i thought itll be possible inside here...but unfortunately it isnt...im sorry that i have posted at all and wish u all the best...you "i-know-everything-about-every-neve-so-dont-ask-guys" arrogant ****