Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2013, 01:32 PM

Default Can someone from Avid please help me?

I have been blocked from transferring a PT9/10 Bundle license to a Friend that now has my HD2 TDM system (PCIe cards and 192 interface) We have completed the ownership transfer paperwork and after my telephone call with the CS rep I now know the transfer was complete and registered to the new owner.

My question is: Please explain to me why this license cannot be transferred to the new rightful owner? The CS rep told me over the phone the license could not be transferred, end of story. I have read other recent posts here and other boards that it is possible. I have a support ticket filed with Pace (about 2 weeks ago it was filed but have heard nothing from them) Please Avid, I really need your help on this. Tell me what I need to do. -Frank Bry, The Recordist
Old 07-01-2013, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Can someone from Avid please help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Recordist View Post
I have been blocked from transferring a PT9/10 Bundle license to a Friend that now has my HD2 TDM system (PCIe cards and 192 interface) We have completed the ownership transfer paperwork and after my telephone call with the CS rep I now know the transfer was complete and registered to the new owner.

My question is: Please explain to me why this license cannot be transferred to the new rightful owner? The CS rep told me over the phone the license could not be transferred, end of story. I have read other recent posts here and other boards that it is possible. I have a support ticket filed with Pace (about 2 weeks ago it was filed but have heard nothing from them) Please Avid, I really need your help on this. Tell me what I need to do. -Frank Bry, The Recordist
Hi,

This is being revued at the moment by Avid!

My guess is after transfer of ownership is done you should be able to let Avid know who will authorise ilok to release the auth. This is just my guess and is NOT an official route for tansfer. we should have confirmation about transfering HD ilok auth soon.

The other way is to buy a new ilok and register it in your account then move the license onto the new ilok and give the ilok to your friend. it will remain registered to your account and only you would be able to do the upgrade process in furture etc. the new owner will not be able to sync with ilok as it will be regsitered to your account only.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.