Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2010, 07:20 PM

Default F'n furious noise blasts

I am livid. I just did a fresh reinstall of XP and ran every tweak and get to 8.01 and load a session and voila......RANDOM NOISE BURST CITY.

Oh, I was kind enough to record a little Blackberry video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVBna_R7rks
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)
Old 03-18-2010, 07:35 PM

Default Re: F'n furious noise blasts

I am waiting for the SANDRA report from my friend, ......but.....
He is having the same problem. We updated him to 8.0.1 on XP, and now he is getting the Random blasts O' Noise. He has had PT for 6 or 8 months. He only records his band practices with it, doing 8 tracks at a time. And after we went to 8.0.1 it started happening. Not at all before. And it is even printing to bounce to Disks. When it wasn't there during mixdown

Edit: I will get copy of the sound but, in your video I noticed the sound changes track to track. On his, and mine as well it is solid white noise. It never varies even with inserts on the tracks.Hmm strange problem this THING.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 PM

I've had the solid blast before too. Today is the first I've seen noise alternating from track to track. So freaking weird.
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)
Old 03-18-2010, 07:51 PM

http://reaper.fm/about.php

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 03-18-2010, 07:59 PM

64 bit reaper on w7 is looking more and more attractive.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:28 PM

update:

I think this is ATA doing this.

upon reinstall, I dont think i put the license int eh right place.

i think the noise is a watermark.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:30 PM

hmmm, maybe that's why it was different then. But that's not cool. How do ya know when its AAAAHHHH F'n PT. or oops forgot the license.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
hmmm, maybe that's why it was different then. But that's not cool. How do ya know when its AAAAHHHH F'n PT. or oops forgot the license.
No ATA here... I've had the blasts.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
No ATA here... I've had the blasts.
Blasted!!. Now I have to figure out why my friends 8.0.1 on xp is getting them.
He has no 3rd party plugs at all.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 PM

Oh i get the blasts. just never this frequent. I am still putting the license file in the correct f'n directory. lol