Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2009, 05:01 PM

Default Re: PT8 CPU Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hue View Post
okay...... I think the question was what is "heavy" for you?
He doesn't get it. Nevermind.

--------------------------------------------------

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Old 05-21-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nod25 View Post
He doesn't get it. Nevermind.
I am so sorry I offended you with my reply .

Yes, I get it, but I need more time for testing VI's/PT8 behavior, either in Win XP or in Win 7.
Unfortunately, I do not use Pro Tools all the time, as I used to.
I work every day (long days and nights ) as an AV Production Systems engineer for big corporate shows all over the US and it is really very time consuming.
I will post some test results, from my perspective, ASAP.
Sorry for the confusion.

Intel quad Q6600, ASUS P5K DeLuxe WiFi, Radeon HD Gfx cards, 3 LCD monitors, Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP, Win 7x64, REAPER 64bit, Wavelab.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMi View Post
I am so sorry I offended you with my reply .
None taken! It's all good

--------------------------------------------------

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I haven't had anything new to report other than repeats of my previous posts in that 'we're working on it'. As I mentioned before, this has to go through some testing cycles and we have several other issue fixes that are being rolled into the same release, so that's why it's taking so long.

I'm doing everything I can to speed up the process, but I don't call the shots around here, unfortunately.
Thanks for coming back to us so fast.
The "other issue fixes" must be b****y serious to delay a fix that would / might cure the unusability of the whole software package for, apparently, many users.
What else is so bad? Was there any serious testing before release that such "issues" got through?

As to the last point, that "you don't call the shots".... as you seem to be the contact with the whole of the User Conference, that statement doesn't tell us many good things about the relevance of the customers to Digidesign.

You can tell I am getting very "cross"
Old 05-22-2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I haven't had anything new to report other than repeats of my previous posts in that 'we're working on it'. As I mentioned before, this has to go through some testing cycles and we have several other issue fixes that are being rolled into the same release, so that's why it's taking so long.

I'm doing everything I can to speed up the process, but I don't call the shots around here, unfortunately.
Its good to know that avid is working on it. As a software developer, I wonder if anything can be done to streamline the testing process.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seyler View Post
As to the last point, that "you don't call the shots".... as you seem to be the contact with the whole of the User Conference, that statement doesn't tell us many good things about the relevance of the customers to Digidesign.
It's my understanding that more than one person posts under the DigiTechSupt name. Also, do you really expect a CSR to be able to "call the shots" at a company? Pass along customer concerns, solve customer problems if possible and explain the company position maybe, but not be the ultimate decision maker.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 AM

DIGI, thanks for the reply. However, the powers that be must have some idea when it might be released. I know telling everyone that something will be released on a certain date, and then if it is not, can be problematic. However are we looking at weeks, months, years... Some idea would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Darren
Old 05-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seyler View Post
Thanks for coming back to us so fast.
The "other issue fixes" must be b****y serious to delay a fix that would / might cure the unusability of the whole software package for, apparently, many users.
What else is so bad? Was there any serious testing before release that such "issues" got through?

You can tell I am getting very "cross"
I have made it *exceptionally* clear how I feel about this (it's completely unacceptable) to those that decide what gets done and when. As I said, though, I don't call the shots. IF I did, things like this would have been fixed a long time ago.

I'm doing all I can to press for a faster fix, believe me.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:22 AM

Hi have the same freeze problem with my new iMac
2.93 Ghz Intel Core Duo+4 GB Ram!

With two or more VSTs open the computer freezes...

Think about this:
until one month ago I was a happy Cubase 4 LE user on my rotten 2001 windows xp2 average pc...
but yet I could use 8 to 10 vst use plus reverbs, delays...
no freezing!

I decided to switch to protools/mbox, I have a powerful computer and it freezes with 2 vsts open?!?
Old 05-26-2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfasano View Post
Hi have the same freeze problem with my new iMac
2.93 Ghz Intel Core Duo+4 GB Ram!

With two or more VSTs open the computer freezes...

If you minimize Edit/Mix windows make any diference? How much CPU usage?