Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2016, 05:51 AM

Default Pro Tools acting weird when closing/opening more and more lately

maybe 4 times in the last couple weeks when im closing pro tools it will close like normal and it will prompt me to save, etc...then the browser disappears like the program closes. Only it doesnt close. The browser disappears and then pro tools goes into (Not responding) mode. So Pro tools looks like it closes but the app still remains open and goes non responsive so I need to force quit.

Now when I just tried opening pro tools from the dock it wont actually open. The Pro tools icon/thumbnail just bounces up and down on the dock like its about to open but it never does.

Now im sure if I restart my laptop the problem will 'fix itself' and pro tools will run normally. So the first couple times I didnt do much about it. Now that its happening more I think Its time to see whats going on.

OSx 10.9.5 and pro tools 11.1.3 (or 11.3.1?)

Restarting my comp now, assuming pro tools will open when I do. If i dont edit this post it means pro tools opened after restart.