Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2020, 06:44 AM

Default Re: License Verification Error - need help

iLok Cloud is down for everyone, guess we have to wait for iLok offices to open?
Old 02-28-2020, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Suddenly cannot get ilok protools to open

Hmm I have my perpetual on a hard dongle and it didn't launch yesterday either.. WTF? My license expires 2023! Said I wasn't authorised! I managed to make it work by restarting a few times.. now it's been OK since.. but it even affected physical is what I am saying.. something up with ILOK.. been smooth for 5 years now till yesterday.. hopefully a minor setback for y'all using the cloud or subscriptions that need refreshing! That would be just awful! Don't know what to say other than hope it's sorted.

Before jumping to a new DAW though, unless you get reaper, everything else has had it's share of auth issues. Presonus relies on their server for home based C/R, Logic has not opened before as it's said I am not authorised, relies on Apple's shop being 100% up at all times, Cubase dongle has given endless issues and stopped working completely for months in Catalina even though listed as compatible at the time (now fixed), and so on. Overall, ilok has been the least troublesome of all C/P for me, and i've been using pace authorisation since 1999, so let's just hope it's a very temporary server brain fart.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:05 AM

Default Re: Hey avid / hey ilok folks!!!!!!

Same here - this is painful
Old 02-28-2020, 07:11 AM

now working as expected. UK
Old 02-28-2020, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Ilok Cloud not Works!!!

Looks like this may have just been fixed - was in the middle of a trouble shooting session with customer when I was suddenly able to deactivate a cloud license.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:13 AM

Looks like this may have just been fixed - was in the middle of a trouble shooting session with customer when I was suddenly able to deactivate a cloud license.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:13 AM

Default Re: License Verification Error - need help

Old 02-28-2020, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Ilok Cloud not Works!!!

I am guessing the reason this has not yet been fixed, is because they´re all asleep at the wheel.
I am guessing their bussiness hours is Pacific / American time. Wich leaves us Europeans Africans etc loosing a whole bussiness day.
And not any day for that matter. ****ing Friday of all days when people expect deliveries etc...

If they are going to provide such Cloud based service (For the Whole World NOT only America), they need 24h support. Period.
So angry right now.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:21 AM

This is all good news but it took a bit too long IMO.. still.. really.. they have all had issues in the past.. the only things that don't are serial based systems without requiring machine identification, like creeper.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:31 AM

same here !