Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2003, 06:31 PM

Default Can\'t recognize PCI card for Digi 001 - HELP!!

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a 'simliar' Allen system, put it together, got it up and running, and installed the Digi001 PCI card, and tried to install the Digi 5.3.1 LE software.

I've tried everything it seems, and I can't get my computer to recognize the new hardware.

I have an Asus A7V8X board with the Athlon XP2000 processor, and 512 MB RAM chip. And Windows XP of course....

I've done all the BIOS settings like they said to, and the windows settings. ALthought I didn't find a 'PCI Parity' in the BIOS settings...

when I boot up the machine with the card in, the 'new hardware' never pops up, and when I try to install new hardware, it doesn't find it as far as I Can tell. Unless it is named something strange...

PLEASE give me ANY advice you think may help. I'm sooooo close to being done and ready to go!

thanks
Eddie
Old 01-31-2003, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Can\'t recognize PCI card for Digi 001 - HELP!!

Check your e-mail! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2003, 11:51 PM

Just to give more deatils of exactly what I have done....

hopefully this helps, and please contact me via e-mail or this board to let me know ANY suggestions on what ot do now, or what I did wrong

thanks for the help ... in advance,

OK, here's what I did:

1. Built the PC from parts that I bought. I explained the basics of what I had in the post, if you want more detail let me know.

2. Installed Win2000 Professional from floppys/CD. Immeediately did the upgrade to Windows XP. I did NOT do the clean install of Windows XP Professional Edition.. I started to, but then went back and changed back to just doing the upgrade with Windows XP. The card was NOT in the machine while installing XP. It is NOT a dual boot. WinXP Professional only.

3. Installed the motherboard drivers, and installed a few programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, and SoundForge).

3. Installed the Digi 001 PCI card, and plugged in the Digi 001 unit. The unit lights up Started up the machine, and it did not recognize the new hardware. Tried but failed to get it to recognize the hardware. Also tried to start it up with the PCI card in, but the unit unplugged.

4. Tried to edit the BIOS settings like it said to in the getting started book with 5.1.1, and changed the windows settings like it said in the book (sound scheme off, etc). Restarted a number of times but could never get it to recognize the hardware.

4. Tried to install Pro Tools LE 5.1.1, and it wouldn't really let me do anything, because I didn't realize it was the old version that only worked with Win98 or ME.
I believe I did install the wave driver from the Pro Tools LE 5.1.1 CD at this time...

5. AGain looked in the device manager and tried everything I could think of to pick up that new hardware, both with the unit plugged in and unplugged.

6. Installed the ProTools LE 5.3.1. During the install it told me that I needed QuickTime 5 to complete the install, but it looked like the install finished anyway. Tried to start PRoTools... about halfway through the startup, it tells me it does not recognize the PRoTools hardware, and I must connect the hardwarre and clik OK to continue. Stopped trying that.

6. Tried to install the 5.3.1 Eav driver, I believe it told me I needed an install of ProTools before I could install this. NOt sure about that though....
Old 02-01-2003, 04:31 AM

Try to install winxp from scratch. Upgrading from something else is not recommended. If the installer for winXP is giving you a hard time, it just wants to see you have a previous microsoft product. Feeding the win2000 install-cd at that time should be enough...

be sure to turn "driver signing" off in winxp. Do not use the "new hardware" wizzard, but use the ptle installer (but i know your problem is that the card isnt recognized...)

Good luck

Bastiaan