Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2023, 12:34 PM

Default Issues with EuCon 23.6 Command - CR, ref

I created a softkey, mapped to a button on my Dock to toggle the CR Ref function on the monitor control for my MTRX Studio. I added the command EUCON (DADman) CR, ref from Monitors->CR, general->CR, ref.

When I engage this command, Ref does toggle in DADman, but the Main monitor level on the Monitor page of the control app doesn't update to 0.0, and when Ref is toggled off, the monitor control no longer functions and seems to be frozen at whatever value it was when Ref was first toggled. I could probably live with the monitor value not showing as 0.0 in the control app, although some sort of visual indication that Ref was engaged would be nice. But using this command breaks any use of the monitor control from either the Control app onscreen pot, or either of the Dock monitor level encoders.

Closing and relaunching the Control app on the tablet results in the monitor control showing no value and no being operable. Restarting EuCon applications restores the monitor level functionality. Cut, either by pressing the monitor knob or pressing the onscreen cut button still works.

I've also occasionally gotten the message "EuControl has had a fatal error and had to shutdown", but I'm not sure if this is related.

Mac Studio M1 Max
macOS 12.5.1
Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.6
EuControl 2023.6
Dock + 3xS1. Testing on an Amazon Fire 10HD, as I can roll that one back to Control 2022.12. All the other tablets were turned off for this testing.

FYI, my use case is that I want to toggle Ref on and then off again to quickly reset my monitor level to 0, which is my calibrated level. I often have to preview a mastered piece of music or other vey loud content and then quickly reset to my ref level. I find manually turning to knob to get back to zero quite fiddly.

P.S. Apologies for the iPhone picture being upside down. Can't seem to fix that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8714.jpg (37.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2023-07-20 at 3.26.09 PM.jpg (20.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by originalscottyg; 07-20-2023 at 12:58 PM. Reason: add pics
Old 07-20-2023, 12:59 PM
Avid

Default Re: Issues with EuCon 23.6 Command - CR, ref

We can take a look at this and get back to you.
Old 07-20-2023, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
We can take a look at this and get back to you.
Much appreciated, Eddie! I am really loving the Automation/Trim functionality for the A/Rec button and can't wait to dig into the other features. It would be great for my workflow to get the Ref toggle working right.

Let me know if you need any more info from me.
Old 07-20-2023, 08:44 PM

I've found that the Control App and the Dock lose the ability to properly display/manipulate monitor controls semi-regularly. May not be directly related to your issue but I've found a simple workaround that is consistent to get it working when mine exudes this behavior.

Focus the DADMan app on your computer and tap the "Mixer" page on the iPad on your Dock. Then just tabbing back to the "Monitoring" page on the iPad the rotary encoders all work again. This has been happening to me since I acquired my MTRX Studio which was not long after it was initially released. I thought it was due to my very unsupported Mac Pro but I've also experienced this on multiple Mac Studios running Ventura. Fix works just the same.

-Chris
• DADman/Eucon monitoring
• BSS (DAN + 100), QSC DCA 1644, JBL 7 Series
• MTRX Studio // 7.1.4

www.quesound.com
Old 07-21-2023, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewk View Post
I've found that the Control App and the Dock lose the ability to properly display/manipulate monitor controls semi-regularly. May not be directly related to your issue but I've found a simple workaround that is consistent to get it working when mine exudes this behavior.

Focus the DADMan app on your computer and tap the "Mixer" page on the iPad on your Dock. Then just tabbing back to the "Monitoring" page on the iPad the rotary encoders all work again. This has been happening to me since I acquired my MTRX Studio which was not long after it was initially released. I thought it was due to my very unsupported Mac Pro but I've also experienced this on multiple Mac Studios running Ventura. Fix works just the same.

-Chris
Thanks, I'll try this. I also find that the encoders on the Dock often stop working when the app is on the Monitor page, while the controls on the touch screen continue to work. I usually quit the app on the Dock tablet and relaunch, but it often takes multiple tries to restore functionality, and I sometimes have to restart EuCon. I'll try this and see if it works. Much appreciated!!
Old 08-28-2023, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Thanks, I'll try this. I also find that the encoders on the Dock often stop working when the app is on the Monitor page, while the controls on the touch screen continue to work. I usually quit the app on the Dock tablet and relaunch, but it often takes multiple tries to restore functionality, and I sometimes have to restart EuCon. I'll try this and see if it works. Much appreciated!!

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing with Sphere locked to the monitor tab. The rotary encoders often stop working and then mysteriously regain function in the future. I thought it was something I was doing.
Old 08-28-2023, 05:25 PM

Quote:

-Chris
Thanks for this, Chris. This consistently works to get the Dock working with Monitor controls again, and it's quite a bit less hit or miss than quitting and restarting the Control app.
Old 08-29-2023, 03:28 AM

I also have this problem often and the solution for me is also moving to the mixer tab and then back to the monitor tab.
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 08-29-2023, 09:44 AM

Quote:

-Chris
Thanx Chris, this is really helpful workaround!

Mac Studio Ultra, OS 13.6.5 MTRX Studio, PT Ultimate 2023.12.1, HDX1, Sync HD, BM Decklink Extreme 4K, Genelec's 9.1.4, Dolby Atmos Renderer, Avid Dock, S1, SoundFlow, Streamdeck
Old 12-01-2023, 10:19 AM

Hey Eddie,
Any updates on this? I didn't see anything mentioned in the 2023.11 release notes.
Thanks!!