How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2014, 01:39 PM

Default Artist mix static IP?

Hello,
I am unable to make protools 11 recognize my Artist mix. I have a MBPro late 2013 and am connected thunderbolt to ethernet to the Artist mix. after some research I believe i need to allocate a static ip address to the artist mix (I already did the computer side in the network CP). However, the instructions on the Avid site are from 2012 (shocker!), it is now 2014 and I have firmware V1.5.2
does anyone have any insight here?
thank you,
Brian k
Old 10-24-2014, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Artist mix static IP?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...875?popup=true

I'm up to date with all my firmware and the 2012 static ip directions worked for me. Which I recently did three weeks ago.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:12 PM

Hey Barlow,
So after reading the initial instructions after a break, I tried Holding the two page buttons while "POWERING THE UNIT ON", which is how it should be written, not "Pressing & Releasing the power switch" Which I understood as starting in the powered on mode... anyway, now that I've set the static IPs, there is still no indication of any connection between protools and the artist mix.
what did you do next?
Old 10-24-2014, 03:51 PM

ok,
so after following these instructions from Marianna, (she should have included the setting of static IP address on the Artist Mix to be more complete)
i've got it working. the last part about stopping (click stop to terminate EUCON apps) from the system preferences, was the critical step. Simply quitting the Eucon settings app and restarting didn't do it.

** I added

Below from Marianna's post:

What kind of error are you getting?
You are using the ethernet crossover cable to connect directly to your Mac or local area network right?
Have you done all this......
Set up manual network location:

1) Go to Network settings. Launch System Preferences (Apple Menu > System Preferences...) and press the Network icon.
2) Unlock the pane to enable changes (lower left corner of panel - it will ask for your password)
- if you wish for this to be the permanent default location, then skip to step 7
3) Under the Location drop down menu, choose "Edit Locations..."
4) Choose "Automatic"
5) Click the button with a gear icon and choose "Duplicate Location". Name it "Artist Direct Connect" and click Done.
6) Under the Location drop down menu, choose "Artist Direct Connect"
7) Choose "Ethernet" in the list on the left. (If there are multiple Ethernet ports, use Ethernet port #1. This is the default port used for EuCon. The default port setting can be changed in System Preferences > Euphonix)
8) In the Configure drop down menu, choose "Manually"
9) In the IP Address field, enter: 169.254.1.2 (example) (**use 10.0.0.2)
10) In the subnet mask field, enter: 255.255.0.0
11) Press the Apply button

** Make the static IP address on the 1st Artist mix 10.0.0.3, any more artist mixes use 10.0.0.4 etc

12) Go to: System Preferences > Euphonix (v2.5.7 and earlier) or System Preferences > EUCON (v2.6 and later)
13) Press Stop. Wait a few seconds, then press Start again. This will relaunch all EuCon processes with the new settings.

Marianna
Old 10-24-2014, 03:54 PM

What IP addresses are you trying to use?

I have read in the past about people having issues with thunderbolt to ethernet adapters. Not necessarily eucon specific, just in general.

Do you have a wifi connection in your studio? Another option is to connect the Avid Artist Mix to your wifi router by cat5 and attempt to connect it that way. The Avid Artist Mix will need to have a unique IP address in the same IP range as your router though.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:01 PM

Whooops!

Disregard. Glad it is up and running!
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:53 PM

Not at all, I appreciate the reply... From what I read, when you use the Thunderbolt to Ethernet you need to use the Static IP as the DHCP method doesn't work.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:33 PM

Thank you..! This post helped me. I now have both Mix & Control working well with 10.0.0.2, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssr View Post
ok,
so after following these instructions from Marianna, (she should have included the setting of static IP address on the Artist Mix to be more complete)
i've got it working. the last part about stopping (click stop to terminate EUCON apps) from the system preferences, was the critical step. Simply quitting the Eucon settings app and restarting didn't do it.

** I added

Below from Marianna's post:

What kind of error are you getting?
You are using the ethernet crossover cable to connect directly to your Mac or local area network right?
Have you done all this......
Set up manual network location:

1) Go to Network settings. Launch System Preferences (Apple Menu > System Preferences...) and press the Network icon.
2) Unlock the pane to enable changes (lower left corner of panel - it will ask for your password)
- if you wish for this to be the permanent default location, then skip to step 7
3) Under the Location drop down menu, choose "Edit Locations..."
4) Choose "Automatic"
5) Click the button with a gear icon and choose "Duplicate Location". Name it "Artist Direct Connect" and click Done.
6) Under the Location drop down menu, choose "Artist Direct Connect"
7) Choose "Ethernet" in the list on the left. (If there are multiple Ethernet ports, use Ethernet port #1. This is the default port used for EuCon. The default port setting can be changed in System Preferences > Euphonix)
8) In the Configure drop down menu, choose "Manually"
9) In the IP Address field, enter: 169.254.1.2 (example) (**use 10.0.0.2)
10) In the subnet mask field, enter: 255.255.0.0
11) Press the Apply button

** Make the static IP address on the 1st Artist mix 10.0.0.3, any more artist mixes use 10.0.0.4 etc

12) Go to: System Preferences > Euphonix (v2.5.7 and earlier) or System Preferences > EUCON (v2.6 and later)
13) Press Stop. Wait a few seconds, then press Start again. This will relaunch all EuCon processes with the new settings.

Marianna