Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2014, 09:24 AM

Default Preferences Trashed by Gremlin

Well, this was a first. When I booted up PT yesterday morning, it behaved as if this was the first time I had ever booted up PT. It seemed all my preferences were trashed...even though I never did that. When I opened the session I had been working on the night before, and hit play, the stop button flashed blue once, but nothing played.

In the end, I had to do a repair install, and then all was well, though I had to re-set my MIDI studio settings as well as my track colors. The interface I/O settings all stayed the same, though.

Weird to say the least. Has anyone else ever had this happen? What would cause this? All I can attribute it to is a mean, little gremlin who I am sure was lurking off in a dark corner laughing at me while I had to re-set everything!

Old 06-01-2014, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Preferences Trashed by Gremlin

Over the last week, I have had more than a few gremlins, so I feel your pain I did a complete UNinstall of PT, including database and prefs. Once I got reloaded, MOST prefs were still in place(also tried TRASHER before the re-install in an attempt to solve a crashing issue). Of all the weeks I have spent with PT, last week was one of them

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave