Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2004, 06:41 AM

Default Officially Joining Pro Tools Community

Hi All,
After preping up by reading up books, manuals and the 'Net for weeks now, my Digi 002 and Carrilon AC-1 system arrived yesterday.
I feel like the stork left me a bundle of joy!
It's.....a.....Pro Tools.
The adventure begins.

J.D
Old 07-16-2004, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Officially Joining Pro Tools Community

Very cool, welcome
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
www.clearspotrecording.com
Old 07-16-2004, 06:49 AM

Default Official Welcome

Ditto.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-16-2004, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Official Welcome

jwd65 - can you give us some feedback on a) dealing with Carillon, and b) how the AC1 is out of the box? It looks a very hassle-free way of getting a new PC for music, I was interested in hearing some real life views.

G5 iMac 20" 1.8GHz 1GB 160GB / Lacie FW80GB
OSX 10.3.5 / MBox / PTLE 6.7
Old 07-16-2004, 07:29 AM

welcome aboard. Please remain in your seat until we reach cruising altitude. Karel and Bazzel will be serving drinks shortly thereafter.

Old 07-16-2004, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Karel and Bazzle will be serving drinks shortly thereafter.
I'm not feeling the love

Old 07-16-2004, 07:37 AM

Welcome... enjoy your visit. Its a fun place here, and there are certain people that keep the place fun; but there are also some things people cant stand.

Not to sound like an Elitist group of people, cause we do have lots of fun, but people here like respect. I dont think youd have a problem with that, you seem calm and cool.

Enjoy! Have you been lurking for a while? Or first time on the board? If lurking, than youve probably withnessed what im talking about.

Looking forward to DUCking with you...

~ Kev, break out the Chinese Checkers; Its time for a group game.

Ben
Old 07-16-2004, 07:43 AM

Welcome jwd65

Quote:
Karel and Bazzel will be serving drinks shortly thereafter.
Those two... Just never really understood why they're so inseparable (is this a right word ???)

cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 07-16-2004, 07:50 AM

Quote:
jwd65 - can you give us some feedback on a) dealing with Carillon, and b) how the AC1 is out of the box? It looks a very hassle-free way of getting a new PC for music, I was interested in hearing some real life views.
Jon,

My preliminary feedback on Carillon is quite positive. They answered a plethora of questions from me, both pre-and post purchase.
Also, the delivery date was not the easiest for them. Tomorrow, I am going out of town for a week and needed to schedule delivery either before or after my trip--what would be a normal delivery window falling right in the middle of said trip.
I'll admit waiting for a few weeks for them to put the system together drove me nuts but seems to have been well worth the wait. I've completely revamped/refurnished my studio and had the empty rack space and desk space crying out for the gear to finish the project.
Because they install the software and burn the system in, it doesn't make any sense to rush them. Job completed, they overnighted it to me to make my deadline.
I would be happy to email you or update this post in a couple of weeks, after I've returned and had a little more time to work with the system (and possibly their tech support).
My first adventure with the computer and Digi 002 were very encouraging. Almost immediately upon firing it up, I was playing in a pre-done, demo Pro Tools session, tweeking things and overdubbing my own test vocal track.
I've got a decent amount of PC know how and experience but Carillon attracted me because I:
A) Didn't want to have to deal with installing operating systems and/or loads of software and confront possible conflicting hardware/software issues.
B) Wanted a computer DESIGNED to do the job of music recording/pro tools. No I'm not technically proficient enough to design my own.
C) Wanted a dead silent box--it is. Like they advertise, you can't hear it running.

Still, I'd be happy to update this post or start a new one in a few weeks so others can read and share any experience with a Carillon they might have.

Ben,
Don't worry. I'm a veteran of musician-related boards and leave the stupid remarks and flame wars to others. I've been visiting and posting on the DUC for several weeks now.

J.D
Old 07-16-2004, 08:28 AM

Cool Cool! Hope it all works good for you.

I and many other DUCers are glad to help when possible(I cant really help, but it sounds good to think I can).