Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2013, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Revised Pricing for CPTK to PT HD Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Sorry, but you're way off on this one. Please go back and read my previous post...
I did read that and yes you can have plenty of licenses on your iLok -- But it does not matter if powers that be have decided that PT10 is the latest where CPTK is recognized; then the latest PT version that can be crossgraded is the PT10.

Read my posts as well!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:43 AM

there is no pt11+cptk
Old 08-05-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I can also have a Ferrari but it's not very useful because the highest speed limit in Finland happens to be 120km/h so wanting to do what the government has ..err.. governed is possible with an imaginary Ferrari but it just could do a lot more in my opinion. Sadly, it is not my opinion what counts.

So if you have a PT11 license and a CPTK license then you just have two different platforms in use.

1) PT10+CPTK
2) PT11

PT11+CPTK does not exist. Software won't recognize the CPTK license. Even if you had a license, there is no such platform available. You cannot crossgrade something that does not exist.

So, if you want to keep using those HD features in PT11 you need to crossgrade your PT10+CPTK platform to a PT11HD platform. This is where I think Avid made a huge exception for you guys so I wouldn't raise my voice about that "I already put in good money by upgrading to PT11" because you simply didn't have to do that. All this was said loud and clear. You can either upgrade to PT11 and keep the CPTK, or crossgrade to PT11HD surrendering the license. That still holds even if you upgraded first, but crossgrading to PT11HD means going from PT10 which is the latest CPTK platform.
If what you are saying were true, then it would make sense that if someone had upgraded to 11, then wished to upgrade to HD, they would be allowed to keep an additional license for Pro Tools 11 which they could then proceed to sell. This seems like an even worse solution for Avid, and would result in a number of transferred Pro Tools 11 licenses, but I agree, it would fix the lost money issue. Regardless of how you present it, either the Pro Tools 11 license would need not be sacrificed, or a reduced option should be provided, otherwise the upgrade path for early Pro Tools 11 adopters to HD would be entirely wrong. I continue to wait for Avid to do the right thing with this upgrade path before they see any money from me in an upgrade to HD, and I doubt I am alone on this.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:27 AM

Hi! If i have a pro tools 10 and cptk bought second hand on my ilok (which is on my name) but neither is registered to avid on my name, can i upgrade to pro tools hd11?

Thank you,
Mihai
Old 08-06-2013, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihaicoporan View Post
Hi! If i have a pro tools 10 and cptk bought second hand on my ilok (which is on my name) but neither is registered to avid on my name, can i upgrade to pro tools hd11?

Thank you,
Mihai
Yes!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-06-2013, 05:50 AM

Thank you!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:22 AM

Seeing as Avid is adamant on standing their ground and the fact I really haven't been using Pro Tools much recently, yet received a free upgrade to 11 anyway, I'm considering just selling my Complete Production Toolkit license altogether if I can get a good price for it rather than buy into this. I wish everyone the best of luck with this pricing structure, and hopefully it was worth it to Avid turning away a loyal Pro Tools user who may now look for alternatives in the future for any audio production work they may do.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:45 PM

I purchased Pro Tools 11 as a cross grade 3 days ago. I wanted to use it on my 003 prep system for audio post-production. But PT11 basic is not what I need. I currently also have PT10+CPTK. I believe I need Pro Tools 11 HD without hardware and be able to use it with my 003. Would it work with the 003? And....Is there a way for me to upgrade from PT11 to PT11HD+ PT10 with CPTK for the difference in price I paid for the PT11 cross grade?. If not, what is a solution for me. I went back to using PT10+CPTK this week because the basic version of PT 11 is useless to me. It feels like PT 6 or 7 with a few better features. Just not features that make it better than PT10+CPTK.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billborg View Post
I purchased Pro Tools 11 as a cross grade 3 days ago. I wanted to use it on my 003 prep system for audio post-production. But PT11 basic is not what I need. I currently also have PT10+CPTK. I believe I need Pro Tools 11 HD without hardware and be able to use it with my 003. Would it work with the 003? And....Is there a way for me to upgrade from PT11 to PT11HD+ PT10 with CPTK for the difference in price I paid for the PT11 cross grade?. If not, what is a solution for me. I went back to using PT10+CPTK this week because the basic version of PT 11 is useless to me. It feels like PT 6 or 7 with a few better features. Just not features that make it better than PT10+CPTK.
Yes, you can use PT11HD with your 003, many people is doing that. However, there's no reasonable upgrade from PT11 to PT11HD. Yes, there is a PT10/11 + CPTK upgrade path, but it costs $599 with either PT10 or PT11. And there's been several users complaining about that situation but Avid hasn't accepted the suggestion to put the PT11+CPTK to PT11HD upgrade path for $399, which would help people in your situation.

I think you need to contact Avid's customer support and explain your situation. If you just bought your crossgrade 3 days ago, they may be able to do something for you, like refunding the purchase and give you a chance to buy the correct upgrade.

You can see all available purchases for PT11 here. In that page, you should've selected Pro Tools 11 HD Upgrade From PT 9/10 + CPTK, but now you'll have to check with Avid what your options are right now.

Francisco

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Pro Tools Ultimate (perpetual with active updates/support plan)
RME Fireface 802, Focusrite Clarett+ Octopre, Eleven Rack (ERXP)
Monitors: Yamaha MSP7 and Yamaha HS8S
Asus RoG Maximus Hero Z790 (in a 4U slidable rack mount! )
Intel Core i9-13900k 5.4 Ghz (16 cores / 32 threads)
128 GB RAM G.Skill DDR5 6000 MHz (4 modules 32GB each)
Boot disk: Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB
Media disks: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB in RAID 0 for current work, 2 x Seagate Exos X20 20TB mirrored for archive and backup
Video: PNY/Nvidia RTX 3080 TI with a single 4K display Dell U3223QE 32''
Old 09-26-2013, 09:46 AM

Thanks to all who helped (esp. Zararbozo). Problem resolved. Cross graded to PT HD 11 through surrendering CPTK. Works well with 003. And thanks AVID for recognizing the need to create that cross/up grade.