Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2013, 04:33 PM

Default replace clip

Um correct me if Im wrong but pro tools doesnt allow replace clip?? Its missing from the list of commands in the clip list. This is such a bog basic feature of any music editing software why does pro tools not allow this??
Old 08-04-2013, 07:34 PM

Default Re: replace clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
Um correct me if Im wrong but pro tools doesnt allow replace clip?? Its missing from the list of commands in the clip list. This is such a bog basic feature of any music editing software why does pro tools not allow this??
Hi, yes it does - check the Reference Manual and/or this thread:

need help with "replace clip" function

Chris

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 08-04-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
Hi, yes it does - check the Reference Manual and/or this thread:

need help with "replace clip" function

Chris
I checked. Its says how to right click the clip in the clip list. When I do this there is NO option to replace. Just says clear, rename , timestamp compact, export clip refs, export clip as file, recalculate waveform overviews, select parent in workspace, reveal in finder, object select in edit window.

See image attached

Where is replace?? It is NOT there. I already left a message in the other thread. AGAIN, it is NOT there. Please offer a real solution.

I cant believe 153 people have looked at this post and all I get is sent to another thread where Ive already been. Ok ready to smash my computer and throw pro tools in trash right now.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:36 PM

Ok after many hours of searching I came across 1 very obscure hidden video that tells me that the replace clip command is not available unless you have HD or DV toolkit upgrade.
Firstly I wanna say how pissed off it makes me that I am sent to the reference manual but the reference manual does not mention this anywhere!! Instead I waste hours of my day going around in circles and getting zero help from anyone. How difficult is it for AVID to let people know this??? And how lame is it that pro tools does not even have the most basic command available unless you are one of the rare elite who can afford to spend a lot more money. Oh and I just found out I cant even get the Toolkit with 10 anyway.
Sucks is an understatement. If Avid looked after its customers, people like me may one day upgrade to the full version and become a life time loyal customer. However, instead customer service is zero and Im becoming more and more attracted to other music software programmes everyday as pro tools slides arrogantly into obsoletion.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Firstly I wanna say how pissed off it makes me that I am sent to the reference manual but the reference manual does not mention this anywhere!!
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience - I couldn't tell from your post which version of Pro Tools 10 you were using. Yes, it is for HD and CPTK only unfortunately. That info can be found on page 830 of the Pro Tools 10 Reference Manual under Replacing Audio Clips.

Chris

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 08-04-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience - I couldn't tell from your post which version of Pro Tools 10 you were using. Yes, it is for HD and CPTK only unfortunately. That info can be found on page 830 of the Pro Tools 10 Reference Manual under Replacing Audio Clips.

Chris
Maybe they should put it on the same page as "replace clips"! Seems pretty logical to me. Why in gods name is it for HD only?? This is such a basic needed feature? Its not even possible to upgrade to CPTK or HD from 10 or 11. SO the only option you leave people to purchase a completely new system?? That sucks
Old 08-05-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
SO the only option you leave people to purchase a completely new system?? That sucks
Yep, there are about 80,000+ replies saying basically the same thing in the "no more CPTK" thread. It absolutely DOES suck, and Avid absolutely IS shooting themselves in the foot with this crummy decision.

Chris
Old 08-05-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conleec View Post
Yep, there are about 80,000+ replies saying basically the same thing in the "no more CPTK" thread. It absolutely DOES suck, and Avid absolutely IS shooting themselves in the foot with this crummy decision.

Chris
I guess this is what happens when you become known as the industry standard. You become arrogant and forget about your customers real needs. Thankfully there are lots of other music software programmes to choose from these days even if they aren't the industry standard. At least with ableton you can actually make contact with staff if something goes wrong. Avid customer service is reserved for the elite few who can afford HD. I'm sorry Avid but you've left a rather nasty taste in my mouth.