Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-1998, 12:36 AM

Default Plug-ins availability for PT/NT

Hi

We wanted to know which plugins are out at this time for PT/NT except for the Digirack bundled-ones.

We were talking about Plug-ins such as :

- Line 6's Amp Farm
- Focusrite D2 & D3
- DINR
- TC TOOLS

Also, what can we expect in new features for the upcoming PT's software NT v4.2.5 ?

Thanks

MP Dual 3.66mhz ( 6-Cores) / 128GB / SDD 8TB
OSX Sonoma 14.4

Dan Desilets
Mix/Mastering Engineer, Guitarist, Composer
New Website live @ www.yuccamusic.ca
Old 12-08-1998, 11:24 PM
Avid

Default Re: Plug-ins availability for PT/NT

Not much yet, but many third party developers are working on NT versions, (Waves, for one, and of course the Digi distributed plugins you mentioned) but I don't have a list of what's in development. To a certain extent, as much as we would like to see everything from the mac end up on NT as well, we have to leave it to the developers themselves to announce expected release dates. Some are working on their own, and some are working with us at Digi. Most are planning on versions that will work with both MIX and PT|24 NT software, so they don't have to write them twice. Currently only the DigiRack plugins and D-Verb are shipping for NT. This list will grow exponentially, especially as there are more PT|24 NT users. Considering the large number of plugin developers that already exist for Direct X plugins, the list could eventually be larger even than the number of TDM plugins that exist on the Mac side.
I haven't seen what's included in the next PT|NT software release, other than MIX support.We'll know more when we have a final candidate release. Often in software development things that you would like to be included end up not included, and somethings you thought might not make the release do make it, so we'll have to wait and see.

Bruce Paine,
Digidesign Product Information
Old 12-09-1998, 10:08 PM

Mr. Paine,
Has Waves decided to support PT NT?They told me in 2 emails that they didn't plan on supporting it. I hope you are right.(one guy was ready to switch to a mac because of wavesI hope you tell him)
Old 12-09-1998, 10:55 PM
Avid

What they have said publicly on other forums is that their immediate concern was to provide MIX support on the Mac side, where all of the current Waves TDM owners are. After that, (the first MIX Waveshell TDM was released this weekend) they indeed plan on developing NT versions. I think their initial response was along the lines of "we can't think about that right now", because they were under a lot of pressure to get the Mac/MIX support out. Waves already has Windows versions of a number of their plugins, so I have every reason to believe they will do a great job of supporting TDM on the NT platform. They'll probably have an easier time of it than a company that has always been mac exclusive. But even those companies will want to develop for a PC market that is only going to grow larger all the time.
That said, if I had to do work right now, or in the next couple of months that required those specific plugins, I would get a mac to do the job. At least the hardware is cross-platform and could be used on an NT system when those plugins are available. I think it comes down to an individual decision as to what they can live with or without in the job that individual is doing.

Bruce Paine,
Digidesign Product Information