How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2022, 01:58 PM

Default Artist Control on Mac Mini M1

Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to get my Artist Control to work on my M1.

I have the latest PT and the M1 is running on Big Sur 11.5.2. The Artist Control is also on its latest firmware and I've tried using a number of versions of the EuCon software (Unified?) but am currently using the last released.

The Control will show up on the left hand side in Eucon and the right hand side in my surfaces when it isn't claimed by the Mac Mini. If it does get claimed by the Mac then I can't drag it over to the my surfaces box.

One of two things happens when I go into PT and do a scan for Eucon devices (and sometimes legacy devices) 1. the Artist Control screen will go blank and 2. it will give a message of Network Unable to Connect to Artist Control.

The M1 has the upgraded Ethernet port and I wondered if that was causing the issue?

Other than that am I running the right drivers and softwareetc ?

Does the Artist Control work with the M1 at all? Has anyone had any luck doing what I'm trying to do?

There must be something I'm doing wrong.

Any hints or tips would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Andy
Old 03-02-2022, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Artist Control on Mac Mini M1

If you have the 10Gbe port it won’t be compatible, you’ll need to get an Apple TB2 to 1G Ethernet adapter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2022, 08:16 AM
Avid

A couple of things....if its claimed by the Mac Mini (I presume not an M1) then no you wont be able to grab it on the new M1. You need to unclaim it first. Secondly if you are scanning for surfaces in PT you are doing it wrong. Turn off Ethernet Controllers and select EUCON only. No scanning needed.

If however when you say you see it in My Surfaces...this is on the M1 then its connected OK and the issue is probably the peripheral settings.

It could also be the 10Gb port though as these are know to cause issues especially directly connected to Artist Series.
Old 03-03-2022, 10:27 AM

That's great thanks, Megatracks!

I'll give the adapter a go and see if that is successful.

Eddie - The previous computer was a MacPro from 2012. Even though the Artist Control appears in the My Surfaces box it can disappear when I go into PT. I click the Eucon box before it disappears and the unit would either go blank I would get a Network Error saying to check the connection. Then it would disappear.

My gut feeling is the upgraded Ethernet port on the M1, so will try the adapter route because I'm sure I've tried every other combination.

Thanks once again. Much appreciated.

I will report back with the outcome.

Cheers

Andy
Old 03-25-2022, 06:18 PM

I have an M1 and it works great but it’s plugged into a switch.

I find artist control to be really, really hard to use. Like to change the panning I have to press three buttons. It’s nice to ride levels but I liked my Command 8 so much more until the power supply caught on fire for the second time.

Is there a tutorial or really good manual for artist control?

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/