Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 04:06 PM

Default Legacy Interface issue with 192

I cannot get the legacy interface to function with 192 properly. The interface shows up in the hardware setup and I can select it from the dialog and configure it. It is properly set in slave mode, and the cables are connected for slave clock and Legacy peripheral ports. However, it is not possible to get the identify I/O check box to signal anything on the 1622, like flashing the LEDS.

Similarly in DIGI test, nothing fails but there is no ID flashing on the 1622.

The result is is when I select an input to a track from the 1622 and my master fader is set to output to the 192, there is no signal from the 1622 input tracks appearing at the master fader. It is as if the 2 hardware devices are not communicating with each other. The signal meters on the 1622 indicate input sgnal is present, track meter shows signal, but nothing flows to the master fader as long as it is set to outputs on the 192. These are the only interfaces, a 192 and a 1622 connected to its legacy port. The session is a 16 bit session at 44.1Khz.

Any Advice? I have already reloaded Protools, it is version 5.3.3.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Legacy Interface issue with 192

I had a similar issue using a 888/24.. I had to change the order of the interfaces around to make it work... I don't remember the exact details unfortunately.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 10-04-2003, 07:50 PM

This may be the problem, but ONLY if you have two HD devices linked to the computer with a single cable. The first HD device attached to the computer can accept EITHER another HD device, OR a legacy device, BUT NOT BOTH. Even though it seems you should be able to get your 32 I/O channels anyway you want, it won't do it. And the second HD device in the chain will not accept a legacy device.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:37 PM

THanks Steve, but I only have on HD 192 interface connected. Any other ideas?